bath time!

I helped Sophie take off her top as she seemed to forget how in the last few hours. I did originally leave her to it but when I returned to the bedroom she was all tangled up in different holes with tears streaming down her face. 
"Hm, is that better now bubba?" I asked, rubbing her arm where she caught it and wiping her tears. She nodded sadly and wiped her eyes hard. "Bath time will make it better. Do you want bubbles? "
"Yess mama! Bubbles!" I giggled at her sudden eagerness and put some in before laying out the changing mat. 
"Come lay down munchkin," I patted the mat. She came over and lay down in front of me, spreading her legs knowing what I was going to do. I took her nappy off, wiped her down a little and then kept her there, exposed to the bathroom whilst  I cleared up. 
"I nakey," she giggled, wiggling on the mat. I chuckled and leaned over her, pulling a funny face. she laughed loudly and reached for me. I smiled, sat her up and helped her climb safely into the bath then turned off the taps. 

She grabbed a handful of bubbles and showed them to me, instantly speaking a loads of gobbildygook about what they were. I just nodded and agreed whilst trying to get her clean. 
"It mermaid mama," she said, showing me one of the new toys I got for her this morning. It shocked me again how easily this had come to her! surely she wanted it - for it to be so easy! Surely! 
"It sure is, yeah," I smiled. I was getting tired now- work was exhausting soemtimes. 
"I lie down?" 
"Yeah princess, let's get your hair washed and then it's out time," I said. she pouted a little and her eyes grew wider. 
"Don't give me that face," I teased, tickling her belly a little. She squirmed. "Maybe tomorrow we can have another bath when mummy isn't as tired."
"Mummy tired?" 
"Mummy is tired yeah," I smiled at her and put her hair under the water, moving it around and making sure it was all wet. 
"Mummy baf morrow too?" her speech was getting younger and it made my heart swell. 
"If you want darling." 

We got her out of the bath quickly after her hair was washed. Diapered up and then I carried her back to my bedroom wrapped in a fluffy winnie the pooh towel ready to get her dressed. 
"Tigger sleeper?" I asked, showing her. She nodded eagerly. I smiled and helped her get dressed. I say helped- I did it all for her because she was way too engrossed in playing with the sensory butterfly I bought at the shop which fell out of the bag when I got out her sleeper. she was in a trance and she was clearly a lot younger than I first expected her to be! Let's explore that!