33

Orion King

Orion King

I left a pair of clean sweatpants, and a clean shirt for her on the bed so she could shower, and change. Since this was a spontaneous trip, we don't have any clothes, and the only ones at the cabin are the clothes that were left here years ago, by the many whores my father brought here to fuck, and kill.

He said that he wouldn't take the risk of having any more children, let alone with women who weren't my mother, and so he gave himself two rules—Fuck, then shoot them all dead. He was a bastard, and I don't know why I still crave his approval from beyond the grave. I guess that's the only life I know.

I spent so much time trying to please him, and maybe I always will. Even when dead, he finds a way to ruin me. The one thing I know he can't ruin though, is this. Us. What I feel for Ruth, is far greater than the hatred that I have for my father.

"Morning," Her angelic voice brings me back from my thoughts. "Why are you out here so early?"

"I was going to shoot," I answer truthfully.

Ruth raises an eyebrow, "People?"

"No, no." I shake my head at her, "We're the only two people around here. I was just going to shoot up into the sky, or something," When my father took me here, all we did was shoot, and figure out ways to make me better, a better killer, shooter, person. My father loved telling me everything that was wrong with me, and I loved the fact that he even noticed at all. All my life, It's always been about the boys, my brothers. It's always them.

Tobias was always the star of my family, the apple to my father's eye, and my mother's prized possession. I envied Tobias, not because he was always set to take over the business, but because he caught all the attention. I also know he dreaded it.

Tobias and I had many differences, but even then, we knew where we stood with each other. He knew I wasn't capable of showing love the way any normal person shows to their sibling, but he also knew that if I could, I would. We understood each other. He understood me, I understood him.

No words needed to be said.

Atticus and I were always closer. Despite him being my favorite, I understood Tobias more. Maybe it was because Atticus challenged me in ways Tobias didn't. Unlike our father, Tobias wasn't a bitch. He liked listening, especially to me. To him, my voice mattered, and to my father, it meant nothing.

Adonis was a another story. Father hit him the most, mainly because he was youngest, and wouldn't dare hit back. Adonis copes with his trauma through jokes, and dark humor, but inside, I know he's still hurting. We all were back then.