Chapter 4

Tony drives Y/N to the restaurant he chose with Steve. The car ride is quiet with a little music for the background. It's not an awkward silence though.

They arrive at the restaurant and Tony parks the car and jogs to Y/N's side to open the door for her. "Thank you." She says getting out of the car.

They head into the restaurant and a waiter brings them to their private table in the back. Where 'elevator' music playing softly.

They look over the menu for a couple minutes before figuring out what to get. "What are you going to get?" Y/N asks.

"The steak. What about you?" Tony says placing down his menu.

"I think I'm going to get the Italian salad." Y/N answers. The waiter comes and takes their order and gives them the red wine they ordered.

"Now thinking about it, I don't know that much about your past." Tony says.

"What would you like to know. I'm an open book." Y/N says with a smile.

"Well let's see, how many siblings do you have? What was your dream job before working at avengers towers? And what do you do on your free time other then read?" Tony asks quickly.

"I got two siblings, an older sister and a younger brother, my brother Liam we don't talk much; he's much younger than me; 10 years. My sister; Emma, we talk once is a while she is super busy with her kid Chase. He's the cutest." Y/N explains.

"That's a shame about you and your brother. But you're an aunt, that's super cool." Tony says.

"My dream job was actually to work at a industry like Stark industries and here I am. What a coincidence." Y/N continues "To be honest, I don't do much other then read. I usually just hangout with someone from the gang."

"That is a coincidence. But you don't paint, draw, anything musical?" Tony asks.

"My singing would make someone go deaf. I can not sing." Y/N laughs.

"We will have to see someday."

"In your dreams." Y/N retorts.

10 minutes later the waiter brings Tony and Y/N's food to the table and they start eating.

After eating and talking about politics, Y/N decides to talk about something more fun. "If you had one day left to live, what would you spend that day doing?"

"Buy multiple public things and rename it after myself. Then throw a massive party and invite the whole city." Tony answers, not even needing a second to respond.

"That sounds very 'Tony Stark' of you to do." Y/N laughs.

"What would you do?" Tony asks laughing along.

"I would spend time with friends and family; the people I love." Y/N answers simply.

"That sounds a lot better then my idea." Tony jokes.

They talk for another 20 minutes and finish their meal before the waiter brings the receipt. Y/N insists to pay her half but Tony pays before she could convince him, which earns him a light slap on the shoulder from her.

They drive home laughing and talking about random things. It was in Y/N's eyes, a perfect date. They get home to the tower, both a bit dazed because if the wine.

They head up to Y/N's room, "Thank you for an amazing date. I had so much fun." Y/N says.

"I agree. That was awesome." Tony agrees. They stare at each other for a minute before Tony makes a move.

One of his hand moves to Y/N's chin tilting her head while the other rests lightly on her waist, Tony leans in and kisses her lightly on the lips. Y/N kisses him back bringing her hands up to Tony's cheeks, cupping his face.

They pull back both smiling. "That was nice." Tony says.

"It was." Y/N agrees. "But I should head to bed. I don't think you want to see me cranky in the morning."

"I definitely don't want to witness that wrath. Sleep well Y/N." Tony says.

"Thanks, you too." Tony starts to walk away but Y/N grabs his hand pulling him back kissing him again lightly on the lips before heading into her room.

*******

The next morning everyone is in the common room when Tony and Y/N walk in. Natasha stands up and practically runs to Y/N's side and drags her to a corner that's not occupied by Loki.

"How did the date go? Did you guys kiss at the end? Was there more then just a kiss?-" Natasha's questions spill out as she tries not to squeal to much.

"Calm down. Nothing crazy happened, but it was an amazing date. At the end we kissed. Twice." Y/N says trying not to squeal herself.

"Oh my god that's amazing. Is there going to be a second date?" Nat interrogates.

"I don't know yet. I would like a second date for sure, though." Y/N explains. They go back to the group and have breakfast which is Bruce Banner's famous pancakes and bacon.

Later after clean up Tony catches up with Y/N who is heading to her room to read some more of the book both her and Loki are reading. "Hey Y/N." he says getting to her side.

"Hi Tony!" Y/N says cheerfully, happy to be talking to Tony again.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out for a second date tonight or tomorrow?" Tony offers.

"I would love to-" Y/N try's to answer before Tony's phone alarm starts to go off.

"Mr. Stark, the team needs you, hydra has stolen Loki's sceptre again." Jarvis informs.

"Shit, I'm sorry Y/N. Could we postpone the date until after. I have no idea how long I will be." Tony asks.

"Of course. I don't mind waiting." Y/N answers. "Go save the world Iron Man." On her cue Tony runs down the hall flicking his arms out to his sides and calls for his suit to assemble around him.