18- "Talking"

Blair didn't exactly know what she felt. She couldn't explain it. She was happy but at the same time she questioned everything she did. She felt like she was losing her mind and holding everything together with a hair tie.

I sat in a chair next to Nate. A long rounded table was in front of us while my mom and her coworker Rob sat on the other side.

"So Nate, you're captain of the team, so what quality do you think you have that will lead your team to state?" Rob asked looking over at us.

"Well I think I'm a very determined person, so If I really want something done it will happen," He said nodding. I smiled and looked over in the corner where Rue was sitting and watching.

"Blair you're captain of the cheer team, what's it like to be able to cheer at the state game?" My mom asked smiling at me.

"It's nerve-wracking but also so exciting, I mean it's a lot of people watching and the routines are more complex since it's a bigger deal," I said smiling. I pursed my lips as Nate placed his hand on my thigh.

"Well I think the whole town is very excited and will be there to support the team," Rob said smiling and facing towards the camera.

"Make sure to go out and support this Friday," My mom continued on.

"We will definitely be there," Rob said as him and my mom laughed softly. My eyes shot to his hand as he placed it on my moms arm. She softly grinned. I bit my lower lip and furrowed my eyebrows. What the fuck?

"And cut," the director said as everyone started moving again.

"Great job guys, Blair i'll see you at home," My mom said smiling at me as her and Rob walked back towards their dressing rooms. I stood up from the chair and walked over towards Rue. She stood up and stumbled forward. Nate walked up behind me.

"I'm going to head out and meet McKay, just to talk," He said kissing my forehead. I nodded softly and gave him a hug. He gave me a faint smile and walked off.

"You should come over tonight," Rue said.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked thinking about her mom and sister.

"My mom loves when I have people over," Rue replied.

"Sure, let me just ask my mom, I mean you know we have school tomorrow right?" I asked laughing. I started walking over to my moms dressing room. I knocked on the door quickly before swinging the door open. I stood in shock as my mom sat on top of Rob as they made out. Her jacket was on the ground along with her heels. I stared in disbelief. What. The. Fuck.

"Oh damn," Rue said quietly. My moms eyes widened as she noticed me in the doorway.

"Oh god, Blair, I swear it's not, it's," My mom started saying before I walked off.

"Blair!?" My mom called walking after me. Rue awkwardly followed me out. I got in my car and Rue sat in the passenger seat. My mom knocked on the window crying and panicking.

"Please don't tell Hunter, please," She said begging. Hunter? She has never called him Hunter. I started the car and drove off. I took a deep breath trying to process everything that happened.

"Are you okay?" Rue asked softly looking over at me awkwardly. I nodded slowly as I pulled up to my house. I walked inside. My dad almost ran into me as I walked upstairs quickly.

"Hey how'd the interview go?" He asked smiling. Don't say anything Blair. Don't do it.

"Good," I said giving him a fake smile.

"Great," He said happily.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly as I took deep breaths. I nodded softly and ran up the stairs. I slammed the door to my room and leaned against it. I grabbed at my throat as It got hard to breath. I could hear my gasps as I winced at the pain in my chest. The world became blurry and I felt warm tears coat my cheeks. I was startled by a knock at the door.  I slowly opened it peeking through. Geneva stood there confused.

"Are you oka-?" She asked before I cut her off my wrapping my arms around her and sobbing. She hesitantly wrapped her arms around me and stroked my hair.

"What the hell happened?" She asked. I shook my head and pulled back. I walked over to my closet and grabbed a bag stuffing clothes in it.

"Blair? Hello?" She asked confused. I shook my head as I swallowed tears.

"I'm spending the night at Rue's," I said rushing out. Geneva put her arms up in confusion.

"What the fuck is going on with you Blair?!" She yelled from upstairs as I sprinted down the stairs. I got in my car and started driving as Rue looked over at me. I tried holding back tears as I arrived at her house. Getting out I got myself together and grabbed my bag walking inside.

"Hey there," Rue's mom said as I walked in. I smiled and waved.

"I'm Blair," I said.

"I've heard a lot about you," Her mom said shaking my hand. I laughed and looked over at Rue as she stood awkwardly.

"You don't do drugs do you?" Her mom asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No? I'm not into that stuff," I said.

"Okay, good, I just, Rue's been doing so well, you know being sober and all," Her mom said smiling at Rue. Bitch what? Sober? Rue? Those are not two words you put together. I pursed my lips and nodded.  Rue looked over at me awkwardly.

"Okay thanks mom, let's go," Rue said rushing me down the hall and into her bedroom. She shut the door and I stared at her angrily.

"Sober? Rue, seriously?" I asked.

"I don't want to hurt her," Rue said looking down.

"You're just hurting yourself, and her, and Gia. Eventually you're going to hurt everyone," I said tilting my head.

"I just, I need something to get me through shit," Rue said moving the carpet with her foot. I shook my head and scoffed softly.

"You have me," I said leaning back.

"And I'm really fucking grateful for you, but like, I'm in so much pain," Rue said sitting next to me. I looked over at her as tears formed in her eyes. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as she set her head on my shoulder and cried.

"It's going to be okay," I said softly.