Part 3

What if.... What if she'll never come back?

....................................

"M-my Lady!"

A maid entered the garden and shouted making both Abigail and Anith turned around to face that person. She was panting, it looks like she's in a hurry for something.

"I apologize for bursting in here without permission Lady Abigail but....His Lordship has called you to his office, he said that you should go there immediately" She said while catching her breath.

Abigail looked at Anith before she suddenly ran inside the mansion. Worried that something has happened to his dearest Father. It was sudden, so Abigail didn't think through about what's happening. What's important to her is to know if her Father is okay or not.

"M-my Lady wait!!!" Anith and the other maid came running, following the Lady...

.............................

As soon as Abigail was close to her Father's office, the hall was silent and Butler Jones was standing in front of the door.

"Mr. Jones, is everything alright?" Abigail asked worriedly with a concerned expression in her face. Hoping that the Butler would say that everything is fine but he just sigh and slowly opened the door to Luke's office.

"Lord Luke, Lady Abigail is here" Jones said sternly with a low voice, enough for Luke to hear.

He just hummed in response as Abigail then slowly entered her Father's office while observing around. She tried to stay calm and took a deep breath before stepping forward toward his father.

Luke stood up while glaring at Abigail coldly, the room went silent for a moment not until....

Abigail felt a sharp pain in her cheek making her lost her balance and stumbled down to the floor.

"Abigail Axelin!!! How many times do I have to remind you to focus on your studies...All you have to do is get to the First Place, the Most Top Ranked Student! Do you know how much you humiliated our Family?" He yelled angrily after slapping his daughter with strong force, not even caring on his daughter's weak condition at this time. He let his anger control his mind and body. Just because Abigail was ranked as the last....

Luke was right, it was humiliating for him but he could've also consider that Abigail is not in a good condition.

Abigail didn't move for a second because of shock of what his own father has done. She touches her swollen red cheek where her father had slapped her. She slowly stood up, not even daring to look at him .

"Why? Why does it have to be me?"

"You made me humiliate myself in front of everyone...Your such a disappointment Abigail, everything you need is already in this house. All you need to do is get to the First Rank and yet you failed!" He yelled again.

Abigail clenched her fist trying to hold back her tears while facing her father...

"But Why? Why do I have to get to the Highest Rank?! Why do I have to get in that rank when all I get from you is disappointment, all I see in your eyes is disgust when you look at me!...Have you even acknowledge me as your own daughter? Do you even care if I was sick or not? Have you-"

"Don't talk back to me you brat!!! You wanted to know why I hated you? Abigail?...That's because you are not my real daughter...... Hannah was pregnant with another man before I met her! I only accepted you because I loved your mother and its the only condition she ask me! I never wanted you in the first place, I should've killed you when you were born...You are a mistake Abigail!!! I wanted you to disappear and I want to kill that man whom your real father!" Luke yelled, full of anger.