11~ The Great War

"Hey Nick" I smiled as I walked into his house.

"Hey Coco, there are drinks and a giant nacho ring out back." The boys followed behind me and they all bro-hugged as they walked by.

"Thank you" I said and made my way out to the backyard. I could hear everyone talking and music playing.

I walked out back and pretty much everyone greeted me.

"Hey I'm Amber, Nick's mom" An older lady introduced herself to me.

"I'm Cora, Randy's daughter. Thank you for agreeing to have this at your house this week"

She waved me off. "It's nothing really, I love doing things for my son and his friends. I like putting myself to work."

"Amber!" a middle aged man called. I assumed that was her husband.

"Coming, Dyl!" She called back. "I gotta go sweetie, have a great time"

"Thank you" I smiled and she walked away.

I saw the boys all mingling with their friends. Dad was talking with Amber and her husband.

"Hey marshmallow," Will said and slung his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey Will," I laughed.

"How is my favorite Barnes?"

"Well he's right over there, why don't you go ask?" I pointed over to Carter.

He looked down at me with his amber eyes and perfect smile. "Ha ha, Cora. I meant you."

He looked around before leaning down by my ear. "Just don't tell Carter that." He backed away from my ear with his finger attached to his lips.

I couldn't help but let out a smile and a laugh.

"You're a dork" I laughed and hit his chest.

"But am I at least your favorite dork?' He asked with puppy dog eyes.

I put my finger to my chin and pretended to be in deep thought. "I don't know, I do love Cooper a lot, but as long as you keep it between us. Yes, you're my favorite dork"

He pumped his fist in the air victoriously. I rolled my eyes at his behavior. Will and I have gotten pretty close after her told me about Samantha. I loved hanging out with him and the boys. They just made everything ten times better.

My stomach growled, signaling that it wanted some food. "Let's eat!" I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the giant nacho ring buffet. A few of the boys followed including the boys and their friends.

I piled my plate with food and they say teenage guys eat a lot. Clearly they haven't seen a teenage girl raised by four guys eat.

"Yo, Tyler there's no way she's going to be able to finish that." Some guy said to his friend.

Connor slapped the guy on the shoulder. "Clearly you don't know our sister, Austin." He smirked.

A smirk spread across my face. "You wanna put money where your mouth is, Austin?" I asked, using the name my brother just used.

"What are you saying, you wanna bet if you're gonna eat all of that or not?" He asked in shock.

I nodded. "Not only that, I bet I can beat anyone here in a contest. You choose."

Austin looked around and picked Cooper. Cooper is one of the best foodies I know, behind me of course. If I had any competition here, it would be him.

"Hell yeah, I'm in!" Cooper agreed and people began to bet who was gonna win. We all put five dollars in the bet. Austin and I were against each other directly, everyone else will get an even split. Even my dad was in on it and he got elected the judge. He promised not to be biased because we were both his children.