chapter three

petra and azrael went their separate ways from axel, and walked home in silence. both deep in their own thoughts.

LUNAR PACK

~ 3 months later ~

"are you ready?" jacob asked coming up behind titan, who was staring out the window. looking for someone he hasn't seen in awhile.

"yes." titan cleared his throat and adjusted his tie, "is everyone there?"

"yes sir," jacob responded. jacob is titans most trusted person in his pack, his beta, second in command.

"is she there?" titan asked in a hushed voice. jacob shook his head in response. titan was referring to one of the witches that was once with their pack,
petra.

"do you want us to send a search party for her?" jacob asked, he was the only person who knew about the past petra and titan had. titan shook his head, "no it's okay. she is strong, she can handle herself." jacob nodded and walked out of the room.

'at least i hope she can.' he thought to himself. enough of thinking about petra today, today is the day he mates fully to ester, his true mate. titan walked out of the room and down the long stairs of the pack building. once he reached the bottom floor, everyone was greeting him. he greeted as many as he could as he walked to the front of the room, where a small stage stood. he walked up the stairs and stood with jacob. jacob would be the one leading the ceremony for the blood rites.

everyone went silent as a woman with short red hair and piercing green eyes walked down the stairs, she was wearing an emerald dress that went to her ankles, and had a slit down the side. she walked with grace. everyone cleared a path for her.

"here take my hand," titan said offering his hand to ester as she walked up the stairs to the stage.

"thank you," she blushed, titan kissed her cheek and she moved across him.

"thank you all for coming here today, to watch your alpha complete his blood rites with his rightful mate. he has found our luna and we shall respect her and
protect her as much as we do our alpha," jacobs voice echoed in the room. everyone nodded in unison to what he said.

"now i know you both have vows you've written to one another.." jacob said looking between the two, they both nodded.

"i'll start," titan spoke up, "ester ever since you ran onto my territory ive known you were the one for me. you bring light into my darkness, you calm my restless wolf, you make me so happy. i promise to protect you with all my power, i promise to love you till the end. i promise to be there for you when you need me most, i will be the best version of myself for you." ester eyes filled with water, a tear escaped and went down her cheek. titan gently wiped it away with his thumb.

"titan, my protector, my mate, you have many names to me.. more than the ones i've just listed. but above all you are the other half of my soul. i vow to always be honest with you. i know that nothing will divide us because i know that with your love i will always have strength. i'm happy to clear the darkness that fills your soul, and make it full of light. i love you titan barlow." ester smiled.

jacob smiled at his two alphas, happy that they have found one another and now the pack will be stronger because of the union. he snuck off the stage and walked to the back, where a woman named elaine stood. she was the pack healer but he knew she was good friends with petra before she ran out of the pack.

"jacob." she spoke his name as he stood beside her.

"elaine." jacob stated.

"how can i help you?" elaine asked, they didn't get along too well after titan chose ester. elaine knows why he did it but it was still her friend who got her heart broken, and she felt territorial towards her.

"where did she go?" he asked, she knew he was asking about petra but she decided to play dumb.

"who are you talking about?" she asked looking up at him, jacob was a tall man, about 6'1 while elaine stood 5'.

"you know who i am asking about, please don't play dumb with me." he stepped closer.

"why do you care. why does he care," she spat, speaking of titan.

"she is part of the pack. we look out for one another. so where did she go." jacob asked once again.

"you guys do not care about her! you just want to make sure no problems happen. or show up on your door step." she folded her hands across her chest.

"i'll ask one more time. where is she?" jacob thought he was close to breaking her.

"she probably went back to somewhere familiar." elaine turned and walked away, she didn't have to give him that but she didn't want petra to have to do everything alone when titan should take responsibility for his actions. for getting her pregnant and leaving. now she is alone, and when the baby is born she will be raising an alpha all on her own.