Chapter 14

I can't believe what I'm seeing now.

Steve has cleanly shaven, and he looks like he was just born yesterday. He has his hands in his pockets while a shy smirk displays on his lips.

"Stop staring!" He laughs and I have to literally close my mouth before speaking.

"Why did you cut it? You looked good in your beard."

"It tickled you while we hugged. So it's better off."

Oh my sweet- this boy can literally kill me with his words.

"Are you ready? For the meet and greet?" Steve asks after a moment or two of silence. I quickly nod my head, Natalia is going crazy over here.

"Of course. Shall we got into the woods then?"

"Sure."

~~~

Natalia's POV

The familiar sensation of bones cracking and reshaping surges through my body and soon enough I am in the front seat, Natasha just a presence in the back of my head.

I crack my head around and shake my body to feel the liveliness waving through. It feels so relaxing, so fresh and amazing to be out and free.

I lowly growl, wanting Steve to know I am ready. My breath comes in shudders as I anticipate the arrival of my mate. It's been so long since I have been waiting for him.

Steve is beautiful, with his ocean blue eyes, bulky figure and babylike face. I swoon over him. But to see his wolf is something else. Because his wolf version is only for me. And I can't wait to see him.

Grunting and breaking sounds fill the air and I wince thinking about the pain my mate is currently going through to shift. Although we have all gotten used to shifting by now, it still hurts. All of your bones breaking and reshaping isn't a child's play.

After a few seconds the air gets silent, and I hear small grunts and huffs coming from behind the huge tree. A low growl ripples through the wind and right after a huge figure appears in front of me.

My mouth hangs open and I shamelessly drool staring at the Alpha wolf of my mate.

Stephan has the most expensive looking almost black, yet a bit greyish fur, sleek and vibrant, glistening under the sunrays, his eyes are the exact color of gradiose fiery yellow. They're like trying to lure you into them and hypnotize you in to trusting them.

He's aura is radiating off in heavy waves and it can literally hit any creature within two miles radius around.

His heavy paws thud over the damp mud as he approaches me, I stay frozen on the ground, too busy to fawn over my mate's beauty to move.

He stops near me and I inhale sharply, his sweet, soaked soil scent drifting through my nostrills and enhancing my senses, I feel my heart beat in a new found rhythm. He scoots his head closer and nudges me with it, brushing our noses ever so lightly, creating sparks through the touch.

He growls softly, I follow his tone and we rest our heads together, feeling calm and blessed.

After a few seconds, he nuzzles my face the gestures to the other side of the forest with his head, I understand his sign as he wants to go for a run. My heart swells just thinking about running with my mate, and I nod vigorously. Its been so long, I can't wait to release the stiffness off my shoulders.

"Have fun." Natasha's voice travels and I smile at her.

Stephan rubs his paws over the damp mud before he takes off in a sprint, lowly howling, and I'm quick to follow him behind.

Although I'm an Alpha as well, still Stephan is huge than me. He's got an extra charm in him, enough to put anyone to bow. He's extravagant. He's perfect.

I just fell in love. All over again. With my mate.

His steps are slower at first as he lets me catch up before speeding up. He chuckles at me and paces up, I howl behind him and speed up as well.

The sun's high in the sky, showering us with its glittering glow, amidst the greenery of the forest, we run along, moving by the fallen branches, jumping past every obstacle. It feels great to be like this.

I don't know how long we ran untill I can't anymore. I halt and flop down on the ground, huffing for breath, Stephan has gone far more ahead of me. When he notices the lack of me, he returns and takes a seat by me, keeping his one paw above mine, he gently licks over my muzzle and my heart almost stops. He's too sweet.

I lick over his muzzle in return and almost feel how his own heart beat fastens. I'm having the same effect on him. It makes me feel giddy.

"It's almost getting dark. We should head back." Natasha talks for the first time in hours, and I notice the sun indeed is setting.

I nudge at Stephan's side and he follows my gaze up at the looming darkness then nods.

We head back to where we started off and he goes behind the same tree to shift back, while I stay where I am to do the same.

This has been one of the best days of my life, and there's no doubt about that.