Chapter Nine

"And his bed is over there and next to it is his toy bin." Angel explained.

"Awww you're an amazing father to Fat Nuggets." Everleigh gently hugged Nuggs, "he has everything he could ever want."

Fat Nuggets oinked and licked Everleigh's cheek.

"Aw he likes ya." Angel smiled.

Alastor barged into Angel's room, "Darling, are you okay?"

Everleigh gently gave Nuggets back to Angel, "yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Let me look at your neck, my dear." Alastor said.

"That's fucking creepy." Angel commented.

Alastor gently moved her hair and saw the bite mark Vaggie was talking about. Angel walked around and saw the mark and gasped.

"What is it, Al?" Everleigh asked.

"Where did this bite mark come from, sweetheart?" Alastor asked.

"Bite mark?" She questioned as she walked to Angel's mirror.

Lucifer then lunged towards her.

Her eyes widened and she started to panic. Angel held Nuggets in his lower pair of arms and held her face.

"What happened to ya, Ev?" He asked with worry in his eyes.

". . .the nightmare." She mumbled.

"Darling who was in the nightmare?" Alastor asked.

"Sir Pentious and this other guy." She answered, "I don't know his name though."

"What did he look like?" Alastor asked.

"In a way, he looked exactly like Charlie." She answered.

Immediately, Alastor's eyes shifted to an evil dial look and a static was echoing the room. It was kind of scary. He stomped out of the room, leaving Everleigh and Angel Dust.

"Oh no." Angel panicked.

"What's wrong Angel?" Everleigh asked.

"Don't worry bout it, doll. Smiles will take care of it." He answered her with a smile, "come on, I'll help you take care of that wound."

Alastor teleported to Lucifer's office were he was sitting.

"Lucifer." Alastor growled followed by a static noise.

"Alastor!" Lucifer chuckled evilly, "how are things with dear darling Everleigh?"

Alastor slammed his fists on his desk, "you bit her in her sleep! You left teeth marks on her precious skin! What about the contract I signed! You said nothing would happen to her!"

Lucifer waved his finger side to side, "uh, uh, uh. The contract states that Sir Pentious will decease on the next cleanse as long as she wears the ring. Nowhere does it state she is protected by the contract."

He snapped his fingers and the contract appeared on his desk. Alastor read through it. Lucifer was right; nowhere did it saw Everleigh was protected from any harm.

"I should snap your neck right now!" Alastor lunged towards Lucifer.

But Lucifer stepped back and summoned a globe that showed Everleigh. He clinched his fist and Everleigh froze and was losing oxygen.

"You can snap my neck if you'd like." Lucifer chuckled, "but it would cost you."

"Stop you're hurting her!" Alastor yelled.

"I'm not hurting her, Al." He smirked, "you're failing to protect her."

Alastor only stood in his place.

"Back up and I'll unclench my hand around her throat." Lucifer ordered.

Alastor backed away and Lucifer let go of Everleigh and the globe disappeared.

"I bet you haven't even told her what you did." He chuckled.

"Why would I?" Alastor questioned with a growl.

"Because you know she'd leave you right then and there. She'd throw that ring away like trash and call off everything. I know you're scared that it will happen. And that's why you haven't told her." He answered, "I mean. . .who in their right mind would sign a contract that could cost you her life? Quite selfish if you ask me."

"I am NOT selfish!" Alastor yelled, "I did this to protect her!"

"Oh yeah?" Lucifer questioned, "and how good of a job are you doing, Al? So far she's gotten attacked in her nightmare, wondered into the woods and scraped her knees, and was almost mauled by a demon!"

Alastor got in his face, "you know damn well you caused all of this."

Lucifer chuckled, "you make me laugh, Al. Go back to Everleigh before something else happens without your protection."