3

In the Darkness, Yunyu observed Prince Michael's face. He was a tall, young man. He had a sharp gaze, but his clean, somewhat boyish face made him less scary, even attractive dare he would say.

Prince Michael was sitting with his back straightened in the guest room. He had long suspected that something was wrong with the duke, but he didn't know why.

Duke Damien Delcostro was the second son of the previous duke, since his big brother died, he became the new duke instead. He was a powerful and rich duke, but he was always lowkey. He even declined the minister position, even though he was influential enough to become one.

Nobody had ever questioned this gentle and elegant duke, but Prince Michael felt that this person was not a simple man.

Maybe it was an instinct, but he could feel a demonic aura around Duke Damien the last time they met at a banquet. He needed to clear his suspicion.

"I am honoured to see Your Highness Prince Michael visiting me at this hour, may I know your intention, Your Highness?" Yunyu came from the corridor. His side profile was showered by the moonlight, however, because he was pale, Yunyu looked like a ghost with his evil grin. Prince Michael became even more cautious.

Prince Michael replied, "I am here because Duke Damien missed the holy night again."

"I didn't attend the holy night because I was not in good health, Your Highness," Yunyu replied humbly. But Prince Michael saw it as a lazy excuse.

"The holy night is a night blessed by the god, where angels fly above us and we are showered by the gospel of the Holy Saintess herself. You are missing such an important night for years," Prince Michael said.

[Well, Sir, if I attended that holy night, I'll be a burnt potato right on the spot.]

Yunyu wanted to close his ears when he heard how Michael said many holy words, somehow, his ears were slightly pained when he heard it.

"Pardon my absence of such an important night, Your Highness," Yunyu bowed deeply, "However, I am sure that Prince Michael didn't come far to my residence in the middle of the night only to say that."

The Duke grinned meaningfully, which caught Michael off guard. True, Michael hadn't thought much about it, he came to the duke residence because he was suspicious that the duke was a cultist, or worse, a demon. He was ready to execute the duke right here if he dared to offend him or fought back.

But the Duke was surprisingly cooperative.

However, facing such question on the spot, he froze awkwardly.

He was devoted to the god since his birth, he never had a friend and didn't even want to do so. All he wanted was to devote himself to god and carry out his mission. Thus, facing such an awkward situation made him uncomfortable.

Prince Michael felt a bit ashamed, but he got an idea and immediately straightened his back. He said, "Since Duke Damien has yet to contribute to the church, I'd want to discuss a possible donation you can give to the holy church."

[Wow, he even extorted money from the nobles for the church.]

"Would Your Highness mind having a night walk with me in the garden?" Yunyu offered.

"Sure."

Yunyu and Prince Michael walked around in the garden, they were not familiar with each other, so the situation was mostly silent and awkward. They stopped in a pavilion and sat while enjoying the night.