Chapter-14 #Rewritten

Chachu: Uncle

Chachi: Chachu's Wife

***

It was 5:30 pm when Hawwa woke up from nap at the sound of her mobile alarm. As she switched off the alarm she saw a notification from WhatsApp. Scrolling down the display bar she saw it was a message from Qibriyah. She then tapped on the notification for the message to fully appear.

We should go out this Friday. Are you free then?

Hawwa's sleepy eyes brightened up. She thought about his question for a few seconds. Then she got her hand working on the phone to reply.

I am. Where will we go?

Gulshan Lake park and then at Laughing Buddha Restaurant.

Fine!

Hawwa was sleepy no more.

During Friday noon, dressed in a gold and white salwar kameez Hawwa was colouring her eyes with an eyeliner when she saw the reflection of her cousins on the mirror of the dressing table. They were observing her.

"Do I look good?" Hawwa asked pausing the work of the eyeliner.

"Yeah." Asma stated while Ayesha nodded.

"Where are Chachu and Chachi?" Hawwa turned to them while putting down the eyeliner. It had done it's job.

"They are speaking with Dadima at the TV room." Ayesha responded. Hawwa bit her lips.

How was she supposed to leave the house while they were there?

Hawwa was leaning on the bed, her tab leaning against her folded legs. She was reading "These Old Shades" by Georgette Hayer on it. Her cousins were no longer in the room. Her mobile sitting next to her, started ringing. Quickly Hawwa picked it up. Finally Qibriyah called just as Hawwa asked.

"Hello." She answered grinning.

"Have you gotten ready? I am in the ground floor of your building."

"I am ready."

"Okay." Then he cut the call. Hawwa resumed reading the book till she heard the bell ring. Then putting away the tab, she picked up her mobile. Then from the bedside table she picked up her purse, before she started walking towards the door. In the meantime, she heard familiar voices outside her room, one of them being Qibriyah's. By the time she was one step away to get out of the room, her stomach clenched at the thought of coming across Kabir and Ruponti. Especially Kabir. Taking a deep breath she came out of the room. Qibriyah was sitting on the single sofa. Next to him on another single sofa there was Kabir and lastly, Khadija and Ruponti were sitting on the double sofa. Hawwa cleared her throat to draw attention as she walked closer.

Looking behind, Qibriyah noticing her, stood up.

"We are going then." He said glancing from Khadija to Kabir.

"Hawwa be back before evening. You have your studies." Khadija reminded. Nodding, Hawwa reached for the door of the shoe rack near the living room.

***

Hawwa walked behind Qibriyah as they headed towards his car parked outside Hawwa's building. Hawwa's orna shifted due to the wind.

"Rainy season is my favourite season." She smiled, enjoying the chill air. She assumed it could rain. 

"I don't have a favourite one." Qibriyah responded. They stepped next to the door of the passenger seat at the front. "Get in." Qibriyah gestured, opening its door.

After Qibriyah got on the driver's seat. Hawwa stiffened. Her nose was hit by the strong scent of her cologne. She never sat so close to him. She couldn't look to her right where Qibriyah was sitting. So she focused at her front on the changing scenes as Qibriyah started driving. She wondered how Qibriyah felt. He had no hesitation. He even sneaked a glance of her,  controlling his urge to pull her chubby cheeks.

"Oh no." Hawwa groaned when they were met with traffic on a highway in Banani. By then, she had relaxed. The vehicles were moving slowly. Hawwa started praying for their speed to increase. She closed her eyes and opened it at a few seconds interval to see if her prayer got answered. Qibriyah noticed this activity and arched his one eyebrow.

Finally, after a few minutes later the vehicles accelerated, getting more space to run. Hawwa sighed in relief.