3. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ?

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╗
3.
Later, Hermosa

╚═════ ∘◦ 🌸 ◦∘ ══════╝

"Get the chairs out of the way."

Mirabel (who was still holding the basket full of goodies) and Y/n walked inside their beloved Casita.

Mirabel bumped into a man, "Sorry. Excuse me. "

"I can help you with the basket." Y/n offered, knowing very well her friend was going to decline the offer.

Mirabel shook her head, smiling, "I got it."

Both teens watched in awe as Casita created a new staircase to Antonio's door on the second floor, where Abuela and Camilo were standing with a man who was putting a banner above the new door. (Camilo is also 18 in my story, if anyone is wondering.)

"Lift it higher. Higher." Abuela ordered the man.

"Hey, nice job over there." Camilo encouraged the man, lazily leaning against the stair railing.

"Yeah, yeah." The man nodded as he struggled to hold the banner on both sides.

Abuela looked at Camilo and said, "Camilo, we need another José!"

Camilo stood up and shifted into the man, "José!" And helped to put the banner perfectly in its place.

Abuela then called for Luisa, "Luisa, the piano goes upstairs!"

Luisa, who was carrying some barrels, put them down and said, "I'm on it!" She sprinted to complete her next job, almost running into Mirabel and Y/n, "Careful, Sis, Y/n!"

Mirabel and Y/n shivered as a cold wind hit them. They saw Pepa pacing in a circle, rambling, "My baby's night has to be perfect, and it's not perfect. And people are going to be coming. And nothing's ready." And the tornado around her got more powerful.

While Felix and Y/n's mother tried to protect nearby flowers from Pepa's wrath, "You're tornado-ing the flowers! The flowers!"

"Did someone say flowers?" Ian asked as he landed perfectly on the ground with his Chlorokinesis powers, creating flowers everywhere they needed.

"Ian!" Crowds around Mirabel and Y/n cheered while Mirabel pressed her lips in a thin line, half-closing her eyes, looking disinterested, and Y/n just looked around unimpressed.

"Our angel, our angel!" Felix cheered as Ian landed near them. He handed two flower bouquets to Pepa and M/n.

"Thank you." M/n said, admiring the bouquet.

"Oh, it's nothing." Ian smiled.

Pepa, M/n, and Felix nodded and continued their work.

Ian walked towards Y/n, completely ignoring his sister who standing in between him and Y/n. "You liked my gift, huh?" He said with an arrogant smirk, glancing at Y/n's right ear where the flower still rested.

"Well, I was about to throw it but then realised it's not the flower's fault that its creator is arrogant." Y/n shrugged.

Ian's smirk fell just for a moment, then it was back again, "Maybe I should gift it to someone who appreciates my good looks and arrogance as much as my flowers." He said, trying to make her jealous.

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "Yeah, maybe you should give it to the Guzmán girl then. Everyone knows she is obsessed with your 'good looks' and 'perfect' powers."