Natalie Stewart

Most people would die for a chance to talk with their crush. I was dying too, to not speak with my crush.

I have the chance presented before me, like a nepotistic kid. But I am not prepared for his attention. I had seen him around the studios before, and I had gathered the courage to approach him before too, but never did so.

Only uncle Drake, and Jasper knew about my crush on our featuring model Jade Cromwell. He's been with Mako for three years now, and I am crushing on him for one year now.

I sat in my temporary rectangular pale blue private cabin. I am nervous was an understatement. I skimmed through his renewal contract multiple times to subdue my edginess. I know I had no reason to be nervous around him. Jade is an easy man to be around with a lovable aura radiating off of him. He possessed indefatigable love for the cameras with a rugged appearance to his advantage. He speaks the polite accent of the Brits. He is the most talked about model of the Mako.

Mako coming in a joint venture with the Kingsley Enterprise had a strong impact on the careers of the many one-time models, but strikingly Jade made it. He's an aspiring actor whose career soon wouldn't depend on the Mako. Everyone knew that, that Jade would leave Mako someday.

I had an opinion about Kingsley's involvement with Mako, but dad dismissed it without a second thought. I understand Anthony Kingsley's friendship with my father but that shouldn't grant him direct access to our well-developed business. Though they would be taking away our major concern of investors, still we were completely flourishing without them.

A knock startles me, my eyes flickering onto my shut computer screen and my slight confidence vanishes at one glance at my puffy cheeks. My hair was a greasy mess with no make-up contouring my plain pale skin. It was all bland. Nevermind...

"Please, come in!" my voice at least did not give away my agitation.

Jade alone steps in. My breath hitched at his mere appearance.

This was my nearest encounter with him. He is tall, standing at the most idolized height for a model: beyond six feet. His fair skin glowing after the tanned he worked on, on his vacation in the Maldives with messy-sexy raven hair damping over his forehead.

He deliberately closes the door with his white sneakers-wrapped foot. With a loose smile, he sluggishly sighs.

"Good Morning." His raspy voice greets me, and I could only stare at him. He sounded slightly drowsy, but he managed to be polite. He must have misunderstood my mesmerized gaze for something else as he uncomfortably folds his arms against himself. "Is something wrong with my face?"

"No. Not at all. Please sit." He settles and slightly slumps back into the chair. "Sorry, we had to call you on your day off!"

His smoothed face instantly breaks into a smile with his pale grey eyes beaming along. "It's alright. I don't mind coming." I felt relieved. "It's important after all, right?"

"Right." I softly agree, "Mr. Stewart briefed you last night, am I right?"

"Two days ago." He was sobering up from his sleep as we talked, and I was sobering from my anxiety. I felt relaxed and welcomed. I now understand the effect he has on people: unnerving.

"I am talking about the contract." He was too far for me to smell him but my heart was fluttering at his concentrated eyes on me.

"Yes. I am yet to read it, though." His voice sounded velvety at the end. Did he do it on purpose? Why would he? I don't think so.

With a smile, I passed forward the contract file for him to read while I could only silently stare at him. I saw his sharp jaw clenching in nervousness while his legs shook in anticipation. He had overgrown his short hair, giving it a wavy effect.