Epilogue😇

Epilogue:

"Yes kids, so where was I, yeah.. I was telling you guys that you Mama never loved me." Sohail was sitting on our bed with his legs crossed, both of his laps with each of our baby.

"Yes, kids and your Dad loved me before he came into life." I added sarcastically as I piled up all the kid's shirts in our closet.

"But Dad why did Mama not love you?" My five year old daughter, Soha asked looking up at her father like he was speaking the truth.

I grabbed a pillow and threw at Sohail but accidentally it hit my little baby, Samir and he started wailing like an old car's engine. "Bad Mama." Sohail said and started tickling Samir. Samir actually chuckled and laughed along with Sohail. I rolled my eyes away and walked out of the room.

"Stupid Dad and his preachers!" I muttered and stomped down the stairs.

"What is my lovely daughter in law so angry at. Did Sohail do something?" She asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"No no, it's nothing. He is keeping the kids busy and feel like the kids love him more." I added sadly.

She chuckled. "That's a good thing. I'm glad Sohail is giving time to his family." She said.

"That is true but he doesn't have time for me and nor so the kids, its like I'm here to do the chores and he gets the kids." I added.

"Aww dear! It's alright. Don't be jealous of your own kids." She chuckled.

"It does seem that way, doesn't it?" I asked laughing at my own superstitious thoughts.

"I'm glad you are all one happy family again." She chuckled and grabbed herself a bottle of milk before she went to sleep. "Give love to kids from my side, nd love to you too incase you feel jealous." She winked and left leaving me laughing behind.

I organised the kitchen for the last time, filled up the water bottles and just then my phone rang. I wiped my hands before answering it. "Asalamualaikum Mah-"

"Samreen help me... please! Mom wouldn't leave me alone. I don't want to see another guy in the same week! For Allah's sake." Mahreen whinned on the other side of the phone. I smiled and was glad she couldn't see me for real.

"Bitch! Serves tou right I used to scream the same things and you would tell me how much of a grown up I am. So Mahreen now, it is you who have turned almost 26." I said and wondered that so much time had passed.

"I'm fine just the way I am. I'm happy that is what important." She added.

"I know Mahreen but happiness ends with loneliness. Marrying early isn't what I'm trying to say but marrying the right person is very important and to choose the right person you'll have to meet the wrong ones, right?"

"I'm not as lucky as you and Ahmed Bhai. What is my husband is abusive huh?" She asked.

"Astagfirullah! Allah Allah Mahreen speak good.. May Allah never cast this day upon anyone." I prayed.

"Heya! I've got some news for you." Mahreen said her voice ringing with thrill and excitement all of a sudden. "Amna conceived! She's pregnant." She said probably jumping on her toes.

"Oh my God! That's great news. Aww! Finally after five years they conceived." I said.

"They both had been so worried. You know what Amna said the last time she visited? She said that if she's unable to bear a child she will let Adam marry someone else." She said and I could not help as my eyes filled up with tears. "But then I thought you're already married.." Mahreen chuckled not realising that I was getting emotional for Amna. She just ruined the moment.

The pain she must be going through. "Behave yourself, I have my own kids now. And I feel bad for Amna.. what she said must have broke her from inside." I said.

"True." She said and nodded along, I can imagine. "Well, I going to sleep anyways ill send you the picture of whosoever Mom's trying to fix me up with." She said.

I nodded. "Sure. Don't worry and have a good sleep. Love you." I said before hanging up. I kept my phone aside and washed the remaining dishes on the sink before heading upstairs.

I opened the door to my room, the deep silence fell over me and the whole room was dark. Sohail must've put them to sleep and fallen asleep as well. And here I wanted to spent some time with him.

Just as I was wondering, the door to the washroom opened and Sohail pulled me inside as he wrapped his arms around me. "So my lovely wife finally spared sometime for me." He said with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah, I talked to Mummy and then suddenly Mahreen called.. I have some great news. Mahreen told me that Amna is pregnant." I said with a grin.

"Alhamdulillah, I had seen the worry on Adam's face. I'm glad they did." He said and pulled me closer his arm tightening. "What about us then?" He said kissing my cheek.

"Uhuh, how about we start sleeping in separate rooms before that thought leaves your mind." I suggested.

He chuckled. "Don't punish me, my lord." Sohail added with a grin.

"You are very much forgiven peasant." I said kissing his cheek.

"I've got something to tell you too.. Rania, you remember her right?" Sohail asked as if I would ever forget the bitch.

"Do you remember Adam, don't you?" I asked back teasingly. He chuckling knowing where I was going.

"Rania got married." He informed.

"Finally! I'm more glad than she ever would be." I added with a heaved sigh.

"You were worried for nothing." Sohail assured.

"Oh sure I wasn't.." I added sarcastically.

"She just came here for once." He defended.

"Dont you dare defend her, Mummy told me how many times she called you when you left me at my parent's." I told him, simply.

"I promise you. I never attended her call." Sohail got all defences nd I couldn't help but agree he did sound honest and I knew he wouldn't lie.

"Now if we both are done talking about our Ex-personal lives, can we go to sleep?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Let's talk about our future then." He suggested with a wink. "We will wake the kids up if we talk in bed." He reasoned.

"What if they hear us and ask who is Adam?" he laughed out.

"Hearing Adam's name from your lips reminds me of the wonderful surprise you had planned for me. You know it haunted me for so many nights??"

"It haunted me more."

"How could you even think of divorcing me on Adam's wedding so he could make me his wife instead of Amna?? You mean rude, bastard?"

"Yes, Sorry Dad!" I immediately pulled myself away from Sohail and stumbled on the toilet seat just as Sohail mentioned Dad. My eyes narrowed when I found him laughing at me for nothing.

"Yeah! Yeah very funny. It's all for calling you a bastard huh. Aren't you one?" I asked. Sohail stretched out his hand for me nd lifted me up from the toilet seat.

"Let's go and sleep on that couch! They took the bed again." Sohail said referring to the kids and with a defeated sigh we both grabbed one pillow and laid on the sofa chair with the comforter on our body as we both were pressed against each other.

"Good night! Love." Sohail said kissed my forehead.

"Good night. Bastard!" I chuckled and managed to wrap my arm around him. "My lovely Bastard.. I love my Bastard!"

"Shut up and sleep, Bastard's wife." He chuckled.