2

Today, like any other day seemed uneventful. After the training, I went to my office to work. The pack is still coping with the loss of their former Alpha and Luna. We were all still mourning their deaths, there was uncertainity if Cooper would return or not, if she were to return then, when?

Nick had ben pestering me for the past few weeks, he wants to become the co-alpha of the pack. I have rejected his pleas multiple times. Nick was supposed to be my Beta but after he attacked Cooper, I lost all hope and trust in him hence, I chose Harry and Stephanie to be my second in command. Cooper might get angry about that since they were supposed to be her second in command, her right hand but I didn't find anyone more worthy. My third in command were Sarah and Natasha, I trusted these two with my lives. I trusted them more than I trusted my own brother.

Nick on the other hand has been acting very stubborn. For some reason, he believes that Cooper is dead and he wants to take her position. He wants the power. He was miffed when I didn't make him my Beta, he took it very hard but he had to know that I didn't trust him. I made a will when I assumed the Alpha position as every Alpha is required to do so, in that I named my first born to be the next in line, in case I do not bear any offsorings then Amber becomes the Alpha, and if she or my first born are not of the eligible age then my father would become the acting Alpha until Amber turns 18. I am personally training Amber to be the Alpha if anything happens to me or if anything happens to Cooper.

***************************************

Ding Dong
Ding Dong

The sound of the doorbell ringing brought me out of my thoughts. I was reminicing the good times that I spent with Cooper. The insistent ringing of the bell grew, the knocks on the door got louder.

Where the hell is everybody? Why is nobody getting the fucking door?

I waited a few more seconds but nobody answered the door, sighing, I got up from my seat. I walked out of my office and down the stairs to get to the door.

As soon as I opened the door, I was frozen in place. I could not believe my eyes. I just stood there and stared, I didn't know if I was dreaming or hallucinating. I didn't know if what I was seeing was real or not. I was shocked beyond my wits. I was so shocked that I couldn't move or speak. I just stood there with my mouth half open, staring at the stranger in front of me and the woman who stood beside this stranger, leaning on him for support.

My heart was racing, and my mind went into over drive. I could feel my heart aching, my fingers tingling. The feeling of emptiness and hollowness suddenly vanished, my body was filled with relief. For the first time in the past seven years, I felt relief wash over me. I was content in this moment.

"Madam, can we please enter?" the stranger asked.

"I am sorry, please do come in" I said, moving aside and letting them in.

"I thought I would have to call a doctor, you were just staring at us for 10 minutes straight" the man in the military uniform said.

I blushed slightly. "Are you alright? Do you need a tissue?" asked the young man.

"Tissue?" I asked confused.

The soldier pointed towards my cheeks, I didn't realize that I was crying. I still could not believe what I was seeing.

"Stephanie"

"Harry!"

"Stephanie"

I yelled for Stephanie and Harry, I needed to know that this was not a dream. I wasn't making this up. What if it turns out to be another one of my day dreams? What if I was hallucinating?

"Stephanie" I yelled again.

"Calm your tits, I am here" Stephanie groaned from the top of the stairs. "What has gotten your panties in a bunch?"

I saw Harry coming down, he was buttoning up his shirt and mumbling curses. Both Harry and Stephanie looked annoyed.

"I am sorry to have ruined your together time but this is important" I said when Harry and Stephanie reached downstairs.
"When we walk into the den, I want you to tell me if I am dreaming or not."

Without letting them respond, I started walking towards the den. I could hear them grumbling behind me, calling my name to ask me questions but I didn't stop until I was face to face with the two visitors.

"Is this real?" I whispered.

"Holy fucking shit!"

"Is this for real? Am I dreaming?" Harry asked too.

"Both of you are useless" I mumbled.

"Are you going to keep staring at me or will you come here and give me a hug, you dumbfucks?" Cooper said, her voice raspier than I remembered.

I could not believe my eyes or my ears. I was ecstatic that Cooper was back. I was so relieved that she was alive. She didn't look so well though, her head was bandaged, she had bruises on her face, she looked weak, her bones threatened to break skin and project outwards, She looked very skinny. She had a buzz cut and even though she looked so weak, she still had that boyish charm. She looked handsome in the uniform. Her crooked smile appeared on her face as Harry and Stephanie rushed to hug her.

I, on the other hand, still couldn't move. I couldn't speak a word. I had been imagining this moment for years but now that I am living it, I had no clue what to do. I was happy and shocked to see Cooper. My love was alive, she was back home. My mate was back home, with me.