31. Two Weeks to Watch the Movie

"Sky? You okay?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to face Noah. At some point, while I was zoned out, he'd started drumming his hands against the wheel. A nervous habit. I was making him nervous with my silence.

"Yeah, sorry, just have some stuff on my mind," I said, running a finger up and down the blue headphones that were back around my neck.

Even though I'd been uncomfortable with the attention, the guilt of them being stuffed in my bag, coupled with the guilt of the fun little revelation I'd had was a bit too much for me.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked, and the concern in his voice just made me feel worse.

I offered the best smile I could muster and shook my head. "It's nothing important. But thanks for offering."

"Anytime," Noah smiled back and then focused on the road. "Well, how about a distraction then. Up for a date tonight?"

I hummed and clicked my tongue. "Depends, is it finally my turn to plan the date?"

He looked to me with wide eyes and let out a surprised laugh. "Didn't know that was bothering you, Fox."

"It's not. Just curious how charming you'd be in a situation that wasn't straight out of a fairytale," I said and snorted, like the lady that I was.

"You think I'm charming?" Noah's selective hearing kicked in and he turned to me with a wicked smile on his lips.

"Of course that's the only thing you got out of that." I rolled my eyes and faced the side window so he wouldn't see the red that was probably coloring my cheeks at being called out.

Even though I wasn't facing him, I heard him chuckling. The arrogant jerkface, I should have been more careful with my words. It's not like his ego needed a boost, it was already–

His hand found mine and he squeezed it lightly, all hateful thoughts instantly evaporating. I still wasn't convinced he didn't have some magical ability considering how easy it was for him to change my mood.

"I'll look forward to seeing what you plan out."

My head automatically whipped toward him. He was staring in front of him with a big smile on his face, squeezed my hand once more before letting it go.

I pursed my lips together to stop myself from smiling.

The location for the date had been long planned in my mind. He always found some unbelievable place that made it easy for him to look as if he walked straight out of a romance novel.

But, would he be able to maintain his dreamy allure while on a regular, run-of-the-mill date?

Time for an actual challenge.

Walking down toward Noah's car had started out full of confidence

Walking down toward Noah's car had started out full of confidence. But when I saw him leaning against his car, his signature smile on his face, I falter for just a second. When he opened the passenger door for me, and gestured me inside, was when my legs started to feel uncomfortably wobbly.