2 | great friends

i woke up, my heart heavy. my phone was blew up from friends and family checking on me but i just ignored it. i didn't wanna be on my phone today. i just wanted to be at the beach with my girl.

i got up at dawn once again and made my way to the beach. i laid down a towel and sat on it. i just watched the waves crash as i held my locket in a tight grip.

i just sighed. i couldn't even cry. i had been crying for days prior and i felt like i couldn't cry anymore.

"happy birthday kaia," i smiled as i watched the sunrise.

i took a deep breath before laying back on the towel. i eventually fell asleep.

i woke up to the sound of more and more people arriving. when i opened my eyes, i squinted due to the sun beaming down on me but someone then blocked my view.

"i thought you'd be out here extra early today," riley sat next to me.

i just chuckled.

"so how are you?"

"ask me tomorrow," i nodded.

"cmon," she stood up. "let's get breakfast," she held her hand out to take me to the little tiki bar she works at.

we sat at the bar, eating breakfast and smoothies that rhy paid for. "so," she started. "have you been going to therapy?"

"yeah," i nodded. "just went yesterday."

"did you ever change therapists?" she asked, eating her food.

"no," i scratched the back of my neck.

she tilted her head. "lani cmon. you still go to hasson butler?"

"i don't see the issue," i shrugged as i cut my omelette in half.

"she's literally just a few years older than us," rhy squinted.

"girl she's like 3 years older than us. what's your point?"

"i don't trust it," she shook her head. "i feel like she just wants to get in all your business to tell people."

"i mean technically if she does then i can sue her because of confidentiality-"

"leilani be forreal," she pushed my shoulder with a chuckle. "that shit isn't weird to you?"

"what shit?"

"she came all the way from LA to be your therapist lani," she tilted her head at me.

"riley she's literally a travel therapist," i emphasized. "that's her job. plus i'm not her only client out here."

"no but you're definitely her favorite," she playfully rolled her eyes.

"yeah get out cause what?" i chuckled.