Chapter 60

Just before daybreak, the vampires all met outside of Aro's stronghold. Carlisle gave a nod to Amun, who kicked the door open with enough strength that the door was reduced to splinters.

Two vampires came running, but when they saw how many were in the group, they quickly ran the other direction.

"And the fun begins," Stefan said with a smirk on his face as he and his brother ran off after the two.

"Everyone else fan out," Carlisle instructed. "If you manage to capture Aro, keep him there until I arrive, I want to take care of him myself. Just watch out for Jane."

Carlisle took Jasper and Emmett with himself. "Jasper, do you think that you would be able to subdue Jane's powers?"

"I don't know..." Jasper said uncertainly. "I mean, both of our powers work on somewhat the same level, but pain is a far stronger emotion than most other emotions combined."

"You have to try Jasper. Besides Aro, Jane is our biggest threat, you may be the only one that can take her down."

"No pressure, of course," Emmett added, and Carlisle gave him a look. "Jasper, I wouldn't ask you to do this if I thought that you were incapable of doing it. I have faith in you."

"How about we test that faith, then?" Jane stood in the doorway. "Did you really think that barging in the front door was the best idea, Carlisle?" Her eyes flashed an even darker red than what they normally were, and Carlisle and Emmett both collapsed to the ground, groaning loudly in pain.

Jasper stared at Jane, his jaw taut as he tried to focus. At first, it seemed that nothing was going to happen, and that Carlisle's faith in him had been misplaced, but then, Jane blinked, like she was trying to stay in tune and was trying to concentrate. Jasper smirked, and he began to walk towards her. With every step that he took, it seemed that Jane's power got weaker and weaker, until she let out a shout and collapsed to one knee.

"How are you doing this?" She gasped. "No one's power is equal to mine except the Volturi."

"I think that you underestimate the things that a man is willing to do when his family's life is on the line." He grasped Jane's head with such force that cracks started to appear on her face, and in one swift movement, he severed her head from the rest of her body. Pulling a lighter out of his pocket, he let it drop onto her body.

Carlisle and Emmett slowly stood up, with Emmett supporting Carlisle's body until the older man had fully recovered.

"I told you that you could do it.' Carlisle said, clapping Jasper on the back. "While the circumstances are unfortunate, with Jane out of the way, it is going to make things much easier-"

"Carlisle!" Benjamin ran into the room, panting loudly. "The rest of the vampires are retreating, all of them!"

"Has Aro been found?"

"No, no one has been able to find him anywhere. He might have escaped."

"He isn't going to run," Carlisle said with a grim expression on his face. "He's going to be going after Nichole. Benjamin, you need to get back to the house, I'll be right behind you."

Meanwhile, back at the house, Jacob was protesting because Nichole was trying to get up and walk around. "You're still healing!"

"Jacob, it was my stomach that got hit, not my legs. I'm sure that if I take it slow, I'll be fine. Just be a good daddy and continue getting Mason back to bed."

"Don't...don't call me that." He cleared his throat, and Nichole rolled her eyes, although a blush rose to her cheeks. "You're a kinky shit, you know that?" She teased him as she walked towards the kitchen.

"He isn't the only one."

That cold voice made Nichole stop dead in her tracks. She knew who that cold, yet silky smooth voice belonged to. "Aro."

"Alright, I finally got him asleep-" Jacob stopped when he saw Aro.

"Jacob, go back in the other room." Nichole said, her voice calm and collected.

"No way in hell-"

"Jacob, now." If something happened to her, then someone needed to be able to protect Mason.

The way that her voice changed made Jacob walk back into the other room.

"Now that the mutt is gone, perhaps we can discuss things," Aro stated.

"There is nothing to discuss." Out of the corner of her eye, Nichole saw the stake laying on a table, and discreetly, she began to back up towards it, Aro following her.

"Nichole, you are a smart girl, let's not play like we're stupid. You keep running away, and I keep taking you back again. Let's just give up this little charade, hm? You were happy when you were with me."

"I was your prisoner."

"You started to enjoy yourself after a period of time. You did moan for me after all."

Nichole felt herself reach the table, and she put a hand behind her back, reaching for the stake. "I must be a better actress than I thought."

"Why, whatever do you mean, pet?"

"All those times that you had me have sex with you?" Nichole smirked as she grasped the stake. "All those times that you thought I finished?" She whipped her hand around, shoving the stake deep into his heart. "I faked it, every single time."

Aro gasped, cracks appearing all over his body. "Impossible..."

"Guess that the wooden stake myth is true after all." She drove it even deeper into his heart.

Aro fell to his knees, and Nichole kicked him in the stomach, the once powerful vampire now too weak to even try to fight against her.

"Your ego was your downfall Aro, and now, you won't be able to hurt anyone else."

What life was left in Aro's eyes left, the vampire was now dead, unable to hurt Nichole or anyone else ever again.

"Good riddance." Nichole kicked his body again, just for good measure. "I hope that you rot in the deepest depths of hell, right where you belong, you son of a bitch."