CHAPTER 14

Rose woke up cuddling in the arms of Maria. It's been a while since she had anyone in her bed so she didn't expect herself to be cuddling. Being immediately embarrassed, she swiftly moved away from Maria without waking her up. She then stared at Maria's sleeping face for a few seconds and then went up to go to the washroom.

Maria opens her eyes as she sees her leave and goes back to sleep with a small smile.

...

"Rose, I hope you are free today?" Maria asks her a question which sounds more of a statement. Rose watches her wear a wrist-watch in the era of smartphones.

"I guess I can take out time.." Rose had a lot of assignment to do. The reasons why she was partially ready to ditch studies was
a.it was her duty call,
b.Something about Maria in a suit was damn hot and assertive..in the most straight way of course.

"Are you okay?" Maria asks as Rose has been mindlessly staring at her like a creep.

"Uh yeah of course" Rose says nervously. Maria did not understand her and wondered if she is sick.

"Listen, if you are sick just let me know. I can cancel the plan"

"Oh no don't worry I am great! I will do whatever you have planned for!" Rose immediately regretted speaking out of impulse, she was embarrassed. Maria smirked.

"Great then, it's a date"

"Oh okay"

Later that evening Rose was given a floral flowy maxi-dress. She believed they are going to beach.

"One of the best local sea food restaurants, I'll tell you" Maria says taking a bite of her lobster.

The meat was indeed tender and juicy with a hint of lemon and other species.

Maria wore a mesh off white dress which showed off her contrast colorful bikini underneath. The whole idea of the outfit was kinda cheap but Rose knew it was the opposite.

"You look like you are in Coachella" Rose blurts out and hopes it didn't sound as rude as it did to her.

"Is my outfit that bad?" Maria smiles while asking.

Rose liked how she doesn't get easily offended. Negatively commenting on your female date's outfit is a big deal.

"It's rather creative. And you don't seem the person to dress like so" Rose chooses her words carefully, Maria raises her eyebrow not very sure what she meant.

"I have seen you dress elegantly most of the time. I think even formals....and-and the business suits you wear-" Rose shut her mouth before she could embarrass herself. Lucky for her Maria didn't seem to notice her weird liking for her suits.

"I think I have given you a partially incorrect information about me. I am a very carefree person, I like parties, food and just enjoying my life to the fullest. I may seem aloof and serious most of the time but that's really not me, it's just the work stress. Anyways the formal wears I wear most of the time is because you have mostly seen me going to or returning back from office"

"Ah that makes sense.."

"My mom...she owns a fashion brand. And she hates plain black dresses like Anna Wintour....just a heads up to never wear black in front of her" Maria says casually.

"Oh okay!"

"As if I had the time to pack any clothes with me" Rose says in her mind. Maria chuckles at her expressions.