Chapter 19: The Trial

"Fuyuko-sama."

Fuyuko and Kyojuro had just arrived at the meeting place of the trial, when two identical little girls suddenly called her name.

The girls both have short white hairs with bangs, wore a similar kimono, and have akin pairs of violet irises that resembled their mother's eyes.

The only thing that the is different about the siblings is their hair ornament. Hinaki, the oldest of the Ubuyashiki quintuplets, wore a red ribbon on the right side of her hair. While Nichika, the second oldest, wore a yellow ribbon on the left side of her hair.

The couple immediately turned their attention towards the girls as they approached them.

"Oyakata-sama have a message for the Ice Hashira, Rengoku Fuyuko." Hinaki informed.

"As for Rengoku-sama, you may go ahead and join the others Hashiras in the garden." Nichika politely insisted.

Kyojuro nodded towards the girls with a smile, respecting the privacy that they needed. He then took a quick look at his wife before proceeding to walk ahead.

When the Flame Pillar was out of earshot, the girls then looked right into Fuyuko's soul with their big lavender eyes as they continue to smile. Their doll-like appearance never seize to to somehow amaze Fuyuko of how could these girls could have such prettiness to be compared to a Ichimatsu Ningyo.

"Oyakata-sama, have received your report regarding the Kamado Siblings." Nichika informed.

"Oyakata-sama inquired if you would defend the demon, Kamado Nezuko and his sibling, Kamado Tanjiro in the frontline?" The Hinaki asked. "Or will you keep quiet in shadows?"

"It depends." Fuyuko replied. "What's Oyakata-sama's decision?"

"Oyakata-sama will be accepting the siblings. He saw great potential in them, especially the demon, Nezuko." Hinaki responded.

"I don't think my support will be needed if Oyakata-sama's decision is final." Fuyuko stated.

"Oyakata-sama predicted that majority of the Hashiras will oppose his decision. They will need proof that the demon, Nezuko, will not be a threat to humankind." Nichika stated.

"Hence, as a Hashira who have recently studied and tested Kamado Nezuko's behavior as a demon, Oyakata-sama is expecting you to personally state your defence for the Kamado siblings trial to earn the other pillars consideration." Her sister added.

"So what will be your answer, Fuyuko-sama?" Both girls, asked in unison.

Their was a short moment of silence as Fuyuko think for a second before giving her answer.

"Proving Nezuko's capability as an asset of humankind, and earning the other pillars consideration is their own ordeal to face. I'll keep quiet in this matter." Fuyuko replied. "However..."

"If someone steps out of line, I'll be raising my voice." She uttered.

"Thank you for your response, Rengoku Fuyuko." Both girls said in unison.

"Rest assured that your words will be delivered to Oyakata-sama without delay." The girls then bowed in perfect sync.

"We will now excuse ourselves." Hinaki bid their farewell.

"Please continue on your way to the garden, Fuyuko-sama." Nichika politely said before both girls left.

After a moment of walking, Fuyuko finally arrived at the garden where her fellow Hashiras' attention are on the burgundy haired boy that is kneeling on the ground with his hands tied behind him.