Chapter 13: Can't take it anymore

♦ ♢ ♦ Xavier ♦ ♢ ♦

Kaitlyn wanted to go to her house first, to put all her school shit back. I'd dumped everything in my locker anyway, so here I am, waiting for her to come out of her house.

The same house I used to come to all the time, before mom died.

I look away. I don't need memories to come back to me now, when I've learned how to control myself these last five years.

Kaitlyn comes walking to me in a crop top and shorts. Heels, obviously, but they make her look elegant.

"Why are you so clothed?" I frown.

"I didn't know how to do this. I've never gone to a pool party on a bike before, and I didn't feel like flashing everyone."

Fair enough.

She climbs on behind me after putting on the helmet herself, and holds on tight by hugging me.

Something about this tugs at my stomach. I'd always talk about riding a motorcycle when I was younger, and she'd promised me she'd ride with me.

Look at us now, so many shattered dreams becoming true in a fucked up reality.

Because I used to think we'd still be friends or... closer... But never us being so grown apart, fake dating to annoy the shit out of our mutual enemy.

I remove these thoughts from my head, and start the engine.

♦ ♢ ♦

Kaitlyn climbs out from behind me. "You always ride like you want to die?" She asks, removing the helmet to adjust her hair.

"Always," I smirk as I remove my own helmet.

I'd already changed in school, into my shorts, and I just had to remove my shirt and I'd be all good.

But watching Kaitlyn's hands go to the hem of her crop top to pull it off...

Fuck.

I should really look away.

I should.

But I'm her fake boyfriend. Boyfriend, being the key word.

And then she removes her shorts and I'm genuinely trying not to eat her up, but I'm failing terribly.

"Okay," she says. "All good to go."

I swallow hard for some reason, and nod. Goddamn, her ass-

Stop Xavier! Stop it!

I get off my ride.

♦ ♢ ♦ Kaitlyn ♦ ♢ ♦

Something about Xavier taking his shirt off is mesmerizing.

And oh.

Wow.

He's... he is... beautiful...

How do I explain what I'm seeing?