Act I | Chapter II

ー~*~ー

To the Honorable Lady of the Ascarts,

I, Aurora Clementine, the Grand Princess and the Marquis of Clementine, wish to invite you and your family to my birthday banquet.
Our recent meeting has quite left an impression on me. So, I'd like to propose a companionship between the three us. Companionship. A companionship that would greatly benefit both our families. Rest assured. You need not fret as I've already sent the invitation to your family. The trip to our humble territory will be covered and there are already rooms ready for your arrival.
I am looking forward to seeing you both soon.

P.S. I sent you a box full of my favorite novels. I heard you love these as much as I do.

With lots of love,
Aurora Clementine

-~*~-

Aurora Clementine. The renowned Flower of Clementine. The esteemed graceful princess of the Clementine Grandduchy.

She had sent an invitation to her family.

Sophia could not fathom why she did but she felt happy at the least.

It was the first time anyone else had bothered to write her a letter, let alone dedicate it to her.

The letter was obviously made of very expensive paper with golden trimmings. Not to mention the scent. It smelled like fresh flowers in morning dew.

Huh. So it was true that the Clementines liked to flaunt their surplus of power and wealth.

"Sophia. Are you alright?"

Her brother asked as he approached her cautiously, as if not to bother her. She had tears in her eyes, all the more concerning for him as to why she was this way.

Sophia smiles, wiping her tears away as she laid the envelope on the table.

"I'm fine, brother.. It's just that.."

Nicol noticed the letter, surprised to see the Seal of the Clementines stamped on the golden wax.

"...Lady Aurora sent me a letter. A letter of invitation and she wanted all of us to come to her birthday..."

Lady Aurora, the grand princess and heir apparent of the Clementine Grand Duchy, a family second to the power of the Royal Family, had sent an invitation, to a mere Earldom, a lower rank to that of theirs.

Was she up to something? Was she doing this to establish her influence throughout Sorcier as the Marquis, and later on, the Grand Duke?

They had to find out.

Meanwhile..

Aurora looked at her friend in curiosity, as she was fussing about a ribbon.

Her friend, had a plausible face as well, but looked more menacing in nature. She had chestnut brown hair and azure eyes.

Clearly a princess of a duchy but with slightly lower status than hers, she was wearing very expensive silk and jewelry. Contrasting Aurora's more refined and elegant ones.

"Lady Katarina, should you not just buy another one? Surely there must be others similar to that one.." She voiced out, clearly uncomfortable of her behavior.

Katarina, her friend, looked at her, with anger in her eyes.

"Don't you get it, Marquis? That ribbon was the last of its kind!"