Chapter 21

Kiara

A cold wind tickling my feet woke me from my deep slumber. I stretched my hands, yawning at the same time. This is the best sleep I have had since a week, the sky is still gray and the snow still falling vigorously.

The memory of earlier this morning played in my head like a movie, sharp and clear aaannnndd I take it back, last night was the worst. I am certain now that I can't keep my secret from him, it is too late.

I looked around the room for any signs of the person I was dreading to see, but the only thing I can find is a large tray with different array of dishes on a table.

I stretched my back thinking of taking a well deserved shower, when the bathroom door opened and a half naked Mr Williams walked out not knowing I was awake.

A gasp left my mouth as I looked at my bosses naked body displayed right in front of me. Water from the shower still dripping from his neck to his pecks, his abs looks sooo……… Oh my God what am I doing.

He turned towards the bed, where I still sit with my mouth opened, still staring at his body.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, which made me come back to my senses and I turned my face looking to the other side of the room.

"I will just go put on new clothes, yeah", he said and he walked out of the room.

A breath of relief left my mouth and I ran to the bathroom to quickly shower and wash the image of my boss's body from my mind. I will also be able to prepare myself for "the talk".

I lock the bathroom door and look into the mirror. My curly hair was tangled and sticking out in every direction, my cheeks were red and my clothes, well Mr Williams clothes were all rumpled up.

"How does he look like a greek god when he is half naked and I look like a person who got kicked out of my house, what a great way to start the day" I said to myself, going to brush my teeth.

I walked out of the bathroom squeaky clean and I found a shirt and shorts on the bed. The tray is no longer on the table. So, I guess Mr Williams came back to the room.

I put on the clothes which I know belongs to Mr Williams and I went to the kitchen, where I can find him.

I heard him before I saw him. He is talking on the phone and eating at the same time. I walked to the dinning table and saw another plate of food, so I sat down and started eating.
He looked at me but continued talking on the phone. I think it's a business related call and I hope it doesn't involve me because I am not ready for work yet.

My plate is empty now, but Mr Williams is still talking on the phone. I mean I am used to it because he is a workaholic, but I think he should rest some times. I will just watch TV and wait till he is done with his call.

"Exactly, now just follow my plan and everything will fall in place and I need the feedback immediately, am I clear, better"
I think he is about to finish his call, which means it's time to tell him my biggest secret. I mean I am not supposed to tell him these things because he is my boss, but he found me almost dead in a graveyard, so what can I do. I am just afraid that he might think I am a monster after hearing what I did.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't see him sit next to me, until he spoke.

"I made sure that I completed anything work related, so that we can talk without distractions"

Oh God, what do I do now, he is really determined to know.

"Must I tell you about it? Can't we just forget it ever happened and move on, you know". I tried to persuade him.

"You promised Kiara, and if you don't tell me yourself, I will find out myself"
"Ok, I know", I said defeated. "I don't even know where to start from"

"You can start from anywhere you like"
"I usually have nightmares by this time of the year since I was 11 years old. My parents died when I was 10 years old and it was my fault". By now, tears were flowing uncontrollably from my eyes.

"I just wanted ice-cream, because they promised to buy it for me if I passed my exams. But instead of celebrating, I killed them. Because of me, they got killed in a car accident. The road was so slippery and there was blood everywhere. A truck hit our car and my dad died on impact, mom was still alive so she pushed me out, she saved me and told me to go get help. I thought I could make it, I thought I could save them too. She told me to run as fast as I could, but she just wanted to save my life, the car exploded with the both of them in it. I don't remember anything from then on, but my aunt said that I fainted, I didn't go to school for a whole year and I didn't talk to anyone, even my aunt. She took care of me and helped me to move on from the pain, but the nightmares did not go away. It kept coming back when it's close to my parents death anniversary, that's why I take a vacation during this period. Because I will not be able to function well at work and you will fire me", I joked to lighten up the already damp atmosphere.

"Kiara, I really don't know what to say, but you should know that what happened was not your fault, accidents happens sometimes you know. You were not the one driving that truck and your parents were trying to protect you, they were willing to die for you".

I couldn't stop the tears from falling.
"I know, but I still feel like if I didn't get them to go out, they will still be here with me. I guess it's the guilt and trauma that is causing the nightmare, but I feel like I deserve it". I said looking at at my hands, but he lifted my face to look at him.

"You don't deserve it, do you know what I think?", he asked.

"No" I shook my head.

"I think that your parents wanted you to be happy and cheerful always. They died so you could live a happy life".

"Really"

"Yes, so are going to make their sacrifice a waste like this?"

"No"

"Good" and he pulled me closer and hugged me. I feel so warm and secure and safe. I have not felt these feelings in a long time.

"You know, you are the only one who knows about my nightmares" I told him, aunt Margret and Isabella just know that I get depressed, but they don't know about the nightmares. I kept it to myself because I didn't want to be a burden to my aunt and I didn't want Isabella to think I am crazy or something.
"Really" he asked.

"Mmmhh" I hummed as sleep slowly pulled me into it's arms.

"I think I like you Kiara"
__________________________________________
I'm back guys, not fully but just so you know that "His Assistant" will continue. I miss you all so much.
Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you ❤️❤️💖💖❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕