Chapter 27: Entangled in Spider

Kaiya POV

I thanked the lady at the front desk when I picked up the trench coat from the dry cleaners. Since Saguru let me borrow his trench coat, I wanted to get it dry cleaned for him to show my appreciation. Folding the trench coat nicely, I placed it inside a large bag before exiting the shop.

"Oh my, that's a long line at that restaurant!" I exclaimed as I walked closer to the restaurant. No way, that's Tsukiya Restaurant, the one I have been wanting to try. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw Saguru in line.

"Hakuba-kun!" I greeted him. "What a coincidence!"

"Kaiya-san!" he was surprised to see me and fumbled with a piece of paper he was reading. I picked up the paper for him and handed it back to him.

"T-thanks." he replied, quickly stuffing the paper back in his pocket. Was he hiding something from me?

"U-umm I-I wanted to return your trench coat to you." I handed him the bag. "Thanks for lending it to me."

"No problem." Saguru replied.

"Say Hakuba-kun I wanted to try out this restaurant also. Is there any way you'll let me get in line with you?" I asked. "Pleaseee?" I made a face with puppy eyes.

"I'm afraid not this time...I wanted to try this restaurant out with my family first." Saguru apologized.

"Aww ok...but I really wanted to try out this restaurant." I pouted slightly.

"Ah! Saguru Hakuba!" we suddenly heard some girls squeal. "The famous detective!" they gushed. "Please give us your autograph!" I blinked as I saw some of the girls had hearts in their eyes.

Saguru wore a panicked look. "This isn't good, I can't be recognized!" he turned to me. "The truth is, I've come to the restaurant to solve a case."

"Alright, I help you out." I sighed. The nerve of him...first he doesn't want me to go to the restaurant with him and now he wants my help? I turned to the girls, "You must be mistaken. He isn't Saguru Habuka." I lied. "He just happens to look like him." I gestured to Saguru. Satisfied with the answer, the girls finally left us alone.

"Phew" Saguru sighed in relief.

*******************

"It is quite a nice restaurant." I commented I sat down. The tables were adorned with tablecloths and flowers and the waiters were dressed in suits. In the center of the restaurant through a glass window, I could see four main chefs preparing food.

 In the center of the restaurant through a glass window, I could see four main chefs preparing food

"Can I get you guys started with a drink?" a waiter asked us.

"I'll have the Earl Grey with milk on the side." Saguru ordered.

"A matcha latte for me please." I told the waiter.

The waiter took our orders and left.

*********************