Burn burn burn

Before I start I just wanted to say thank you so so soooo much for 100k reads!!! That is absolutely insane I actually can't believe it.

I'm also struggling to believe we're ALREADY on the 61st chapter.... yeah I know crazy right?

Anyways, welcome to chapter 61! I apologise for the chapters to come, they're gonna be pretty hectic. Soooo yeah, good luck with that.

Rose POV:

Smoke, smoke everywhere. Tyler held me so tight I can't feel my wrist anymore. Despite this, I still couldn't help but feel how tense he was.

"Anyone here?" He yells through the rising flames.

"We need to get you out of here, there's an exit somewhere round here" he tells me, gripping onto my wrist tighter

I reluctantly stop making him turn to me in annoyance then yanks my arm again without saying a word

I stop again.

He spins round to me again "If you keep doing that I will pick you up and throw you out the exit myself" he snarls

"I am not leaving here until I know for a fact all our friends are safe. And not to mention my brothers and sister are still out there, so no you can not make me leave." I say quickly "I'm not leaving you either" I add

He sighs "Stop it" without another word he lets go of my arm "Just keep up will you?" he says and his large frame gets submerged in the smoke

Just as I was about to follow, I hear an ear piercing scream that I just so happen to recognise.

"Maya" I breathe out and before I could stop myself my legs had already taken control.

I ran

And ran

And ran

I hear footsteps behind me but I don't dare turn back.

"Omg I'm so glad you're-" I instantly cut myself off when my eyes land in the horrible scene in front of me.

My eyes widen

Charlotte was on the ground, although it was hard to make out somehow I just knew it was her. Maybe it was her dark braided hair she had that day, or her eyes that gave it away.

"Is she..." I start

And then I lift my gaze to Maya, Daisy and Raven. Elliot was on his knees next to her, checking her pulse. Then his eyes meet mine, and a slight shake of the head told me exactly what I had already suspected.

She was dead.

"We need to go" someone's deep voice says from behind me and I instantly knew who it was.

"We do, it's super depressing in here" said someone else.

Andrew.

I nod to Maya and Daisy and give them a reassuring smile, I'm glad they're okay.

I tried not to think about how horrible of a situation we were all in, but Maya's face was enough of a reminder. Her face, which was usually so bright and full of colour and life was so incredibly dull as she looked down to Charlotte then to me.

Right, I forgot they all saw that. What my father did.

They all stared at me like I was some broken doll. Even though I had told Maya and Daisy to some extent, they didn't need to actually see it.

And Elliot, well I could just smell the pity.

Raven just kept a straight face, as she always does. Completely unbothered by the dead body laying beside her.

"If you all keep standing there looking at each other like that, we're gonna end up like her too" Andrew points out

"Just fucking move, Andrew and I found an exit" Tyler says in an almost demanding tone

After a few moments of hesitation Daisy and Maya ran towards him, only after giving me a look and a slight smile that I gathered meant 'I'm glad you're okay"

Elliot whispers something into Tyler's ear that makes him tense a little bit.

That tension disappears seconds later.

He then sprints in after Andrew.

Raven is still here.

"You too Raven, come on" he gestures to her

She just stands completely still. Frozen.

Hesitant and for once in her life, vulnerable.

Looking between them, I felt a sudden burst of foolishness. How could I not have known?

They were similar in so many ways. Their stubbornness, their lack of emotion, the way they both talked in an aggressive manor.

And of course they shared the same sharp jawline and strong features. And although their eyes weren't the same colour, they're shaped almost exactly the same.

They had the same look behind the eyes that I noticed the first time I saw both of them, the hurt behind them was clearly displayed.

Even their fighting style was similar, I just thought it was a coincidence.

Clearly not.

Raven is a copy of Tyler, I see that now.

"I-I can't" she stutters

Tyler sighs, a sigh mixed with both realisation and understanding.

"The fire won't hurt you again" he assures as he takes a step towards her "Unless you let it, which wouldn't be the smartest idea"

He's now right in front of her.

"I'll find the exit myself" she says and begins to walk off

He grabs her arm and spins her back round "Don't confuse stupidity with bravery, if you attempt to leave now you won't find you're way back. You'll kill yourself in that fire"

"I know the risks" she says

"Then don't be fucking stupid" he spits out

"Who are you to tell me anything? My brother? You're not my brother, I would never consider you family" she snarls

"As much as I would love to continue on with this conversation, I care about our safety more so stop with the 'I hate you' statements because I really don't give a fuck what you think of me" he says easing his tone "After this, you don't have to ever speak or acknowledge me again and I won't care but please Ella, just hear me out"

She stops fighting for a moment to listen.

He lets out another breathe "Go straight down the corridor make a left then continue to go straight until you see the exit door. When you're out run, run as far as you can from this place" he says

"And don't look back, it isn't worth it" he finishes and without another word, as instructed Raven runs.