73

lee's POV

i know that should stop them. i really, really should. but i don't. mainly because kit is winning this fight. by a lot.

right now, kit has nolan pinned to the concrete as he hits him. over and over.

i wasn't paying much attention to what caused this fight. but whatever it was, kit is pissed. i don't know if i've ever seen him so angry.

"kit!" miss manson screams, quickly running out of the car. "get off of him!"

kit isn't the type to be completely entranced by his anger. even now, he's still thinking reasonably. so the moment he hears miss manson's voice, he stands up.

he casually brushes off his hands.

kit looks down at nolan, a look of disgust on his face. nolan's nose is bleeding and i can see that there's multiple bruises already beginning to form.

"what the fuck was that!?" miss manson shouts at him.

my eyes suddenly widen. i don't think i've ever heard miss manson say a cuss word. and i've known her for years.

"did you just cuss?" i ask her, laughing.

"lee, you need to get your priorities straight." miss manson tells me. "your boyfriend just beat your ex's ass."

she's not angry at me but she's definitely angry at the situation. probably because if nolan presses charges she's the one who will have to go to court to defend me.

"he deserved it." i say.

☆ ★ ☆

kit and i are sharing a hotel room for the rest of this week. then he's going to fly back to london.

"kit." i say, watching as he brushes his teeth in the sink. he looks up at me, the toothbrush still in his mouth. "we need to talk about nolan."

he nods.

"i told you not to do anything." i say. "i specifically told you multiple times that i didn't want you to get into some fight with him like this."

kit wipes his mouth. "are you defending him?"

"no."

"it kinda sounds like you're defending him."

"i'm not defending him, kit." i tell him. "im just saying that if i tell you many times not to do something, id like you to respect that."

"i do respect that." kit says, finally understanding the point i'm trying to get across.

he takes a few steps closer to me. he gently grabs my chin.

"no." i say, moving my chin out of his grasp. "you respect what i said. but you don't respect me. if you did, you would have at least taken what i had said into consideration."

"are you seriously angry at me for this?" kit scoffs.

"yes."

"okay, i'm sorry." he tells me. "i won't do it again."

i'm not sure if i believe what he's saying, but i don't like arguing with him. so i just drop it and nod.

☆ ★ ☆