33. Love Triangle

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

It's a coincidence that the number 33 is about the love triangle between Qingcang, Meilin, and Yichen.

Dongfang Qingcang stood silently, scowling and clenching his jaw as he watched Meilin receive unexpected news from her teammate

Dongfang Qingcang stood silently, scowling and clenching his jaw as he watched Meilin receive unexpected news from her teammate. He felt an unfamiliar sensation in his chest, like his heart was being torn apart, his chest tight with a pain he could not explain. 'Why does her happiness bring pain to my chest?' he wondered, his breathing becoming shallow as he struggled to control his composure, confused by the sudden news and change in his mood.

Meilin's surprise was evident as she heard what her teammate had to say. "I wasn't expecting this," she exclaimed, her eyes widening as she tried to process the news.

Qingcang turned away, his heart heavy as he walked away from the scene, not wanting to hear anything more

Meilin's teammate spoke again, "Yichen's divorce will be completed today by noon. He wants to see you before he leaves for a trip tonight; he said he has something to tell you as a single man this evening. He'll show up at your door at eight."

"But I..." Meilin started to speak, but the words caught in her throat. 'I'm getting married in two days...' she thought. She became confused when she heard about Yichen's request; she did not want more complications. 'I'm happy he gets free from that monster, but seeing him as a date is... I don't know... Should I see him?' she wondered.

Her teammate interrupted her thoughts, "But what? Isn't this what you always wanted?"

'I could see what Yichen has to say; I won't be able to hear him out after I get married,' Meilin's attention turned to her teammate, and she spoke firmly, "I'll think about it. Are you about to leave for the competition? Remember, we have a one-hour meeting before the game. I'll see you in two hours."

"Yes, captain," her teammate replied before hanging up.

Meilin let out a sigh. 'Maybe I should talk about this with Pretty Eyes... I won't see Yichen if he doesn't want me to,' she thought, the weight of her upcoming marriage heavy on her mind.