Hello Readers

Long time no write? Not really. These days I'm super busy in the worlds of Amazon and such like. I DID write a chapter for adultfiction 's Writer Relay, though, in autumn. And that was a lot of fun. 

I don't have the time for ONC 2023, but there was one prompt that sort of caught my eye and got me going. 

59. The year is 2042. The first astronauts landed on mars. They find a cave with a single human skeleton and four words written on the wall.

Now, I don't really write sci-fi. Okay, I've written the odd short story. But nothing longer. I like to read it, but I don't usually write it. But taking sci-fi somewhere else? Into fantasy realms? the paranormal even? That's my trademark. I slap magic into everything. So... don't tell me you weren't warned.

Why scifi? Well, I worked in the space sector for a loooong time. My flights into magic and the paranormal are born of over-exposure to engineering and science. But hopefully, this does give me some background I can use here.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure whoever created this distraction...prompt didn't have the thing I came up with in mind. It's pretty wild. But why not. 

Since I'm also doing my marketing for the second Magical Misfits Mystery "Down the Hatch" which will come out on 1 April (no joke!), and since I'm supposed to be writing the fourth Da Vinci mystery at the same time, I'm not even sure I can get this to the end. 

I can try, though. 

The Open Novella Contests are an opportunity to try something different. Good luck everyone!!