𝟔 ✫ 𝐛𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

    𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 the table for supper, patiently waiting for the female tribute to join them even though it seems she has locked herself in the bathroom in her room and is refusing to come out

    𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 the table for supper, patiently waiting for the female tribute to join them even though it seems she has locked herself in the bathroom in her room and is refusing to come out. Bird has returned every five minutes to try and hurry up the girl, but Sage would simply snap at the overbearing escort and say she will be out when she is good and ready.

    Sage was not sick, not physically anyway. She was just wrestling with her mind about what occurred on her first day of training. After helping Lorcan with the plants, the two seemed to go their separate ways, but it left Sage wondering about everything he told her. About how he doesn't believe he will stand a chance at surviving because he doesn't believe he has it in him to kill. You don't necessarily have to kill to win the games, just run and hide until everyone else is taken out. But still, it is very rare.

    Take Walker's games for example. He almost won by not having any blood on his hands. If it weren't for the fact that the Capitol did everything to push the final two together so they were forced to end it quicker, then he would have. Instead, Walker was forced to kill and it haunted him deeply. Sage knows what she said to him this morning was a low blow. Honestly, she admired that he did his best to get out of there with the least amount of blood on his hands as possible. He ran so he didn't have to fight, so he didn't have to witness any deaths. He ran because he knew if he saw someone in trouble, he would feel obligated to help.

    So he shielded himself from it. He chose not to go into the games with any alliances and just ran away. Sage couldn't help but think it was hypocritical that he advises both his mentee's to do the complete opposite he did. It clearly worked in his favor.

    Sage has never been good at letting people in, especially now, but a part of her is realizing that maybe she might have the ability to do something right in her life. Sure, volunteering for Adrian may have been the first step, but Sage is more determined than ever not to come out of that arena alive. She will not become a victor and be another trophy to pass around and exploit. She will not be a symbol for the Capitol to parade around as a reminder of the children who were lost. She will not carry the weight of their deaths on her shoulders.

    Adrian is safe. She has her parents and an entire District who love and adore her by her side. Hyacinth was sent to live with the Pine's. With her memory only getting worse, it won't take long for her to forget who Sage is. They do not need her. She is irrelevant in their lives. A thorn in their side. Her District has never seen her as anything more than her mother's daughter, which was a sin in itself. She was nothing more than a bastard child. A Capitol baby, if rumors are indeed true. She has nothing.

    But then there is Lorcan Ellison. District 4 male tribute, volunteers for his visually impaired twin brother though it was obvious that he might be the only provider keeping his family afloat with his father no longer in the picture. Someone who, in just a short amount of time spent in his presence, found a way to make the scary, brutally honest and mysterious fifteen year old from District 9 who mastered the art of not giving a shit about anyone else, feel the biggest amount of empathy and concern for how he will do in these games.