Chapter Two

"Mira, how's Danny doing?" I asked, mentioning her boyfriend, Danny White.

"Ok, I guess." She said, then her face crumpled. "I haven't seen or talked to him in three months, T."

"What? Why? Did he go to camp or someplace with no Wi-Fi?" I asked, confused.

"No. He dumped me for Leslie Duncan, miss prom queen." Mira, who rarely cries, had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh, M! I'm so sorry for bringing it up. I guess it brought up a wound that you didn't want rediscovered, didn't it?" I asked, hugging her.

"It's ok. You didn't know." Mira said, grinning through the tears. "Anyway, that's what summer is for. Finding new guys."

"Yeah." I said, thinking about Rusty. He and Stella were having a picnic in the park.

"Girl, if you want to make a move on him, you've got to do something about it. Not just sit here and think about it." Mira said, and I wondered if she could read my mind.
"Let's go to my house! It's closer than yours!"

We got up and bolted to her house, which was just up the road.

Her parents are pretty wealthy, so they have a three story Victorian house. It even has a widow's walk.

Ever since I've known Mira, we've always had sleepovers out there. Even if it was raining. Something about sleeping outside with the rain sprinkling over you, is so relaxing.

Mira unlocked the door and we walked into her house. Her room is in the attic, which we both love. Mainly because she has five little brothers and 5 little sisters.

We ascended the stairs to her room. When we finally walked into her room, I saw my favorite thing about her room. Her closet.

She has so many cute clothes, and what's even better is that we're the same size. So I can wear any of her clothes.

"So, what do you want to wear? Has to be something cute. To really catch Rusty's attention." She said, grinning.

I pulled out her Romy Lace crochet keyhole bow knot tie up back minidress. It's my favorite clothing item she has.

"This is the one." I said, taking off my t-shirt and denim shorts. I put on the dress and Mira tied up the back for me.

"Girl, you look totally freakin' gorgeous." Mira said, clapping her hands. "Now, my turn!"

She went to her closet and pulled out her new purple ruched cami dress. She put it on and I grinned, then whistled.

"That looks amazing on you, M!" I said, grinning at her.

"Thanks." She said. "Now come on! Let's get to the park before they leave!"

We walked downstairs and outside. Then we headed east on South Sea Parkway, until we came upon the park.

The park, where Stella and Rusty sat, having their picnic.