8. Imagine - Self-worth

[ Sad Fact ] Manga

Levi ties his own self-worth and identity to his violent skills and how useful he can be.

"Captain, you shouldn't sit here alone

"Captain, you shouldn't sit here alone. Where is Armin?" you gently kneel down in front of him.

It has been five days since he woke up. Levi was in a bad state. His face was covered in scars, two of his fingers were missing and the burden of letting Zeke escape again drowned him inside.

He waited till everyone was asleep and silently walked to a big tree where he could sit down. He doesn't remember how long he has been starring at the stars.

Levi scoffs. "I can walk on my own."

"But sir, your body is still exhausted. You need to rest." carefully, you sit down next to him.

"And let you do all the work? Tch, I can't let four eyes do everything on her own while I sit around all useless."

"You are not useless." you murmur into the night, looking at him. "You are hurt. The explosion almost killed you. No one expects you do be okay."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not. Captain-"

"Stop it, (l/n). Why are you even awake?" he asks, staring blankly at another tree.

You shift a little awkwardly. "I....I wanted to check on you, but your were gone, so....." you blush a little.

"Check on me?" he turns his head to you.

You take a dead breath and look up. "When Hanji told us what happened to you, I was in panic. We've spent so much years being trained by you and.....I don't know." you shrug, turning to him as well.

"You are like a father-figure or more like a big brother to us all. We've already lost so much, but there was always you." you say honestly. "You have always supported us and made us stronger. It goes without saying that we will take care of you now."

Levi is surprised, but tries to hide it. "I didn't know you.....cared so much about me."

You smile shyly. "I do." fast, you clear your throat and stutter a little, "I-I mean we do! All of us together."

With a furrowed brow, Levi looks down at his hands. "I thought you all would forget I existed as soon as I stopped fighting." he grumbles.

You shake your head and put a hand on his forearm. He tenses, but allows it. "How could I forget the man that saved me all those years ago?"

"You were a clumsy brat." he chuckles tiredly.

"I still am. You just wait until I overlook you. I'm getting taller, captain." you laugh at his glare and blink innocently at him. "Just kidding."

"Tch, shut up."

You smile. "But seriously, Levi. The others don't care about what you do or how you'll end up after the war. I wont care. You are a grate fighter, yes, but there is more in you than that. Our family, that's what you are."

You can't believe your eyes as you see the stoic captain blush at your compliment and praise. He's obviously touched.

"Thank you, (y/n)."

We love you even when you are at your lowest.