CHAPTER 24

I heard a loud thud, and all of a sudden Chris' hands were removed. I flew open my eyes, in terror. My eyes widened as I looked at Chris, lying on the floor, his lower lip bleeding as he grazed in pain.

Noah slammed his right fist down on his face, shattering his bones.

My eyes moved as i looked Noah mounting over him, punching him hard, again and again. I was almost subconscious to get all that in my system. I ran to them in horror.

"Noah, Stop!" I shrieked, pulling him away from Chris. He was heating in anger, he snarled. Chris was taking the punches as Noah didn't give him a little chance to do anything. He was grawling when a bunch amount of blood flew through his mouth.

"Noah! Please!! Stop!" I begged, seeing Chris would die if he kept doing it. He stopped and i held his hand as i pulled him away from Chris.

Noah's unstoppable punches rocked him and he scrambled on his feet as he tried to stand up. "Chris..." I took my step forward but Noah's palm caught my wrist, he gripped me tight, yet gentle enough that i wouldn't get hurt. He flashed his eyes at me.

Whatever Chris had done today, but still he was a friend and he had got punished at the very moment. I felt bad as i saw him struggling. Finally, he steadied himself, blinking his eyes and staring at Noah. His headache must have been a starburst.

"Get out! Right now!!" Noah snarled, giving him a death glare. He dragged me out, "Noah..." He didn't listen to me and pulled me to the room with big gate. He slammed the door shut, that i cringed of its sound.

"Noah, leave my hand." It was, didn't know right or wrong for me but i wanted to help Chris. His whole face was filled with bruises. His cheeks, lips, nose, all had the blood on it.

"Can't you stay away from him!?" He shouted, as he was fuming in anger. I jumped on my place, he was so close to me that it was hard for me to breathe.
But as soon as he shouted, guilt washed over him. "I'm sorry." He let go of my hand. Holding my face in his palms, wiping the tears from my cheeks, he breathed, "I shouldn't have yelled at you. Please, forgive me."

I nodded, "I forgive you." And exhaled.

"I just.... don't like that guy." He admitted, rubbing his temple.

My lips curved into a sweet, small smile, when the words hit right into my heart. 'Is he jealous?'

'Probably...who knows? Don't smile!'

"He never hurt me. And overall, he has been very good guy. Just this time....." My voice lowered at the last words came from my mouth. I wondered why did he do that?

'Some times I feel like he likes me, there're times when I feel like I am just a friend for him too.'

'You and your feelings, huh! I am sick of them!'

"I don't want you to be with him." He fretted, lifting his gaze on me. My eyes widened as i looked directly at him. He could see how my whole face turned red as i blushed so hard, my eyes were, definitely, sparkling after hearing the words he just said so easily.

I didn't know what made him say that but for me it was too much to get into my system. Though, i had no problem with Chris. Whatever he did today, would happen with other people too, but i wasn't meant that i banished him from my life.

'Noah doesn't know him that much, that's why he's saying that.'

"I promise, i would be careful." I confirmed. I didn't want him to worry about me, because of Chris, that even for an ordinary human. There's already so much to worry about, which was absolutely not at all ordinary.