chapter 7 • cherry's kindness at the beginning was completely gone

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

kenny reassured her they'd do great.

the whole team could hear the announcer from inside.

"this next dojo took last year's title. but they're under new management. can they reign supreme once more? and last year's runner-up. he may be wearing a new gi, but one thing's for sure, robby keene and his team are ready to strike! hailing from reseda, defending champions and still the most badass name for a dojo, here comes cobra kai!" the announcer called out.

the cobra kai team rushed out onto the stage.

almost instantly, cherry spotted anthony in the crowd.

she was quick to glare at him.

"and finally... this dojo is making their all valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? please welcome eagle fang karate, led by sensei johnny lawrence and defending champion miguel diaz!" the announcer called. "at the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned grand champion. welcome to the 51st annual all valley under-18 karate tournament! it's karate time."

all of the students crowded together.

the rest of the dojos did the same, talking to their coaches.

"all right, fall in. all your training has brought you to this moment. remember, if you win, you don't just get a trophy. you get the glory. and you get to know forever that you are a champion. i have had students with all the talent in the world squander their moment. do not let history repeat itself. do not let your emotions cloud your judgment. and above all, do not let anything stand in the way of your victory." sensei kreese instructed to his nodding students.