F I N A L E

Anaya.

It's coronation day.

My coronation.

It's surreal.

It's been a few days since the King died and he's been buried. Royal burials are always very big celebrations and people had travelled from far and wide to attend.

These same people had remained in the pack to attend the coronation.

My coronation.

I look at myself in the mirror one more time. I look very different. In addition to the coronation, today is Alex's and I's mating ceremony. It's an understatement to say it was a big day.

I was dressed from head to toe in purple. Purple was the royal colour and it was tradition to wear purple on special occasions.

My dress was floor length with a long train with a pretty sweetheart neckline. My hair had been styled very nicely and adorned with pearls and a small tiara sat on top of it all.

The tiara would be replaced with a crown at the ceremony.

I was finding it hard not to have a nervous breakdown right there. I was about to take on a huge responsibility. And it wouldn't be something that I could quit at some point. This was the rest of

my life.

There was a knock at the door and my mother entered the room holding a small box.

She gasped when she saw me and her eyes got teary, "Could I have a word?"

I nodded and the maids that had been fluttering around me left the room and my mother shut the door behind them.

"You look stunning, Anaya," she said.

"Thank you," I moved from the front of the mirror and sat down on the bed, careful not to wrinkle my dress.

She moved closer hesitantly and I sighed and patted the space next to me on the bed, "Have a seat."

She did as I said and faced me, "I don't know where to begin, Anaya. I'm sorry, for everything. I'm sorry for abandoning you guys. I'm sorry for not considering the effect my leaving would have on you. I was selfish. I know that, I regret that. I've regretted it everyday since. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I hope one day, you'll forgive me."

I didn't say anything and she handed me the box she had brought with her, "Your grandmother said to give you."

Queen Natalie would not be attending my coronation. She had just lost her mate and was still recovering. I understood that. I opened the box to find the most beautiful necklace I'd ever seen.

I gasped, "It's beautiful."

"It is, isn't it. She wore it on her coronation. She wants you to have it."

I blinked rapidly, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. Somebody had spent a lot of time on my make-up. I couldn't ruin it.

"Will you help me put it on?"

She carefully lifted the necklace out of the box and secured it around my neck. It was beautiful and brought the whole outfit together.

"Thank you."

She nodded and made to leave. Impulsively, I pulled her back and wrapped my arms around her.

"I forgive you."

I felt her sag against me as I said those words, as if a burden had been lifted off her.

"Let's go make you Queen."

The ceremony was endless. There were lots of rites to go through before we even started the actual mating ceremony.

Alex and I said our vows and we finally marked each other. As I bit into his neck, I was almost thrown back by the amount of emotion rushing within him.

Then we moved on to the coronation. I was made to take an oath then the tiara was removed from my head and a crown placed on. The crowd went wild with cheers. I looked for my mother, she was in the corner, clapping along with the other, tears streaming down her face. Tim was beside her and next to him was his mate.

I had tracked her down and surprised him the day before. He was ecstatic. They were still figuring out how they wanted to live their lives and that was okay. I let them know they were welcome in the palace anytime.

Luke, Alex's Beta was somewhere in the crowd as well. Except he wasn't Beta anymore, he was now the Alpha of the Darkhide Hounds. Alex's grandma had been too weak to make the trip but she sent loads of food and lots of love. I wondered how I had never met her during all my time in the pack.

Alex's parent's had tried to attend the ceremony but we had made sure the guards took care of them. His mother's attitude towards me had changed completely in the last few days. Suck up.

I looked up at my mate, the King, who was also looking at me, pride shining in his eyes.

We had done it. I had gone from being a Rogue to being the Lycan Queen.

It was hours later, when the celebrations had ended and I was retiring to my room with Alex that a maid rushed to me.

"Your majesty, you have to come now."

The urgency in her tone was enough to propel me after her. We entered my mother's bedchamber to find her lying on the bed, the doctor beside her.

"Your majesty," he bared his neck when he saw me, his eyes filled with sadness, "I'm sorry."

"No."

"She took an overdose of her pills."

"No," I repeated.

I threw myself onto her, "Wake up. You can't do this! I just found you!!"

Alex pulled me off her and hugged me tight while I screamed and fought to get out of his hold.

"She left a note. I'll give you some privacy."

The room slowly emptied until it was just Alex and me.

I took the note and opened it.

I'm sorry.

I am so proud of you Anaya, my baby girl, you're Queen! I'm glad I got to see it happen.

Tim, please don't be afraid to try new things, to take risks. Life is boring without them.

I am so proud of the adults you both have become.

I love you very much, but I cannot be without Vance any longer. I have gone to be with him.

Please don't think I've left you once again. I'm sure in some way, I'll be watching over you.

I love you.

To the moon and back.

I broke down completely when I got to the end of the note.

I don't know how long I cried for but Alex was there for every minute. Holding me, not saying a word, letting me grieve.

When I woke up in the morning, I was in my bed. Alex must have moved me.

I looked at him, next to me. We had come such a long way.

And we still had so much ahead of us.

He was my forever. 

.

C'est ca! That's it guys. We've come to the end of Alex and Anaya's story. I'm sure it was as fun for you to read as it was for me to write. Thanks for reading!!