Family Council Time |13|

I didn't even know there were prisons in the Ethereal, but I've been stuck behind these ivory bars with a golden look for what feels like hours

The prison they're keeping me in is dark and lonely. They didn't even bother to put a guard in front of my cell. Not that they needed to. My relentless shaking of the door did nothing to add to my escape.

I want to know if Kiki and Poppy are okay. After being tackled to the ground, I heard shuffling and cries from Kiki and Poppy.

When I was dragged off, I couldn't see past the bulky Amora that clasped my hands behind my back to see if they were left alone.

The groan of heavy hinges makes my ears perk. Light floods the darkness in front of me while I stay huddled on the bed provided in my cell. The long vast shadow proceeds the bulky Amrora that tackled me earlier. I'm not sure why they sent someone so huge after someone as small as I am.

The muscles on top of muscles turns in front of my cell. "The counsel is ready to see you."

My stomach drops onto my shoes. I knew I'd end up in front of them again, but I wasn't expecting it to come this quickly.

"I'd like to contact a friend if I could." Unfortunately, the one-phone call rule doesn't apply in the Ethereal, but I could use Cordy's advice.

"You can't," the guard bluntly states as he opens the cell door.

Maybe all isn't completely hopeless. The council has been just but kind in the past.

I get off the bed and walk to the door, where I'm cuffed again. I'm not sure why they think it's necessary. The bulging bag of muscles could easily cream me into the floor.

He leads me through the large open room and back to the staircase he broke me down earlier. I know we're at the council headquarters. I turned heads as I was marched through a side door.

This part of the building is unused, thankfully. Nothing but the echo of our shoes hitting the steps follows up to the main lobby area. Once we're through the doors, the quiet murmur turns to a deafening hush.

All eyes turn my way as I'm paraded through the marble lobby. The attention smirks me as the judgemental looks hit.

It's best to keep my eyes on the white and pink floor. It's easier to pretend no one is here.

When we get to the solid gold doors, my stomach flips; having to look the council in the eye once again doesn't sit easily with me. The doors swing open on their own, revealing the massive Seat of Amoras, where the original seven hold their counsel.

The large ebony table sits empty as I'm led past the rows and rows of chairs. The guard takes me to a ruby podium that I've never seen before and chains me to a golden pillar placed in the center of the room.

The sound of the gold doors creaking open draws my attention to the back of the room. Relief washes over me like a tidal wave when Cordy walks through, arms loaded with files.