The Offer

Niharika was just recovering from the morning encounter with her boss, when she was called to the devil's den itself.

She might never accept it, but she was really terrified of hedhran Bajaj. Still she somehow faced his glares. She was the only one in the office who did that. No one could survive his glare except for her.

She nervously knocked at his door.

"Come in"

She  popped her head inside  and asked

"Did you call me".

" Come in and sit here".he ordered.

She did.
He again smiled at her. It was definitely not a genuine kinda smile. Rather, it was a plotting kinda smile. He was definitely planning something. She could  at least tell that.

"Niharika"

What ? It was the first time he called her that.

"Hmm? "

"I am planning to give you an offer,
A huge one. I want you to accept it"

"Offer? What kind of  an offer? "

She had just received a bonus for completing two years as his assistant.
It was a huge thing in the company. Hedhran Bajaj fired assistants like crazy. He had once fired three assistants in a month. With a history like that, her completing two years was more or less a miracle.

He stared at her for a moment. His dark brown eyes piercing her pitch black ones. A shiver went down her spine making her uncomfortable as hell.

"Will you marry me? "

She didn't respond to him. She gaped at him. She looked at him like he was a blood sucking monster.

"Is this a camera prank? "

"Do  I look like a man who pursues such nonsense? "

"No"

"So? "

"So? "

"I asked you a question"

"I don't understand"

He tried to mask his irritation with a fake smile she herself taught him. He can't mess it up. There was too much at stake. In order to be the CEO, he needs to get married. It was his lawyer who suggested  a marriage of convenience. Mr. Sharma himself suggested Niharika.

At first, he was completely against the idea. But later, he realised that it was a reasonable choice. They have been working together for two years.From early morning to late nights. People will  buy it, if he announces their marriage. Obviously ,there would be questions regarding workplace ethics and definitely some hot gossips but people would believe it.

"My grandfather has given me an ultimatum. If I am not married by this September, then I will never get to be the CEO "

"Can't you marry one of the women you have dated? "

"I don't want a real marriage"

"Hm? "

" I want you to enter a marriage of convenience with me"

"I don't--"

" The marriage would be for two years. Afterwards we can divorce. I will get my postion, and you on the other hand will be paid a ransom sum"

"I don't think anyone should marry for material things"

"I don't think people should marry at all"

"What if I declined? "

"I would advise you not to do that. You are in dire need of money. You need  financial assistance to help your uncle. He needs good care to cure his illness. And your brother too needs better care. Your family cannot afford both".

Niharika counted to ten in her head. She needed to calm herself or else she might do something to him. He threw her hardships right at her face. That man didn't even possess a tinge of humanity. She have to get away from him, before she crumbled. She don't  want him to see her like that.

"I will think about it"

She rushed out of the room. Rode elevator to the rooftop and cried for hours.

She cried for her brother, her uncle, and her whole family. They have endured a lot. 

&&&
. 𝙷𝚒. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢??  𝙰𝚗𝚍

𝙰𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝙷𝚎𝚍𝚑𝚛𝚊𝚗? .

𝙿𝚕𝚣 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜.