Chapter 57: Branch Store, Nothing to Say.

This time, Xiao Qingming didn't go alone. Ji Dazhong and A Yuan also went with him.

It was Nanny Dong's idea.

The autumn examination was not an ordinary test. The exam duration was longer, and it required a lot of physical energy. The candidates had to stay in the capital, and they couldn't be without someone to take care of them. Ji Dazhong, although honest and loyal, was not foolish. After all, he had spent decades in the capital. A Yuan was more flexible and could run errands.

Xiao Qingming didn't refuse Nanny Dong's kindness and accepted it gladly.

During these two months, they saved a lot of money at home. Ji Wan'er gave Xiao Qingming two hundred taels of silver notes to take with him. When they were about to leave, she also gave Ji Dazhong one hundred taels, just in case.

Once Xiao Qingming left, Ji Wan'er became gloomy and lacked motivation in everything she did.

At night, she tossed and turned in bed, unable to fall asleep. Even when she did, she dreamt of Xiao Qingming. Sometimes she worried that he would be robbed on the way, and other times she worried that he wouldn't find accommodation and be deceived.

It wasn't until Nanny Dong came to comfort her that she felt a little relieved.

Yes, Xiao Qingming was not a fool. How could he be deceived? On the contrary, he was very clever. The book had said that he would become a powerful figure in the future. Judging from the events of the past year, Xiao Qingming indeed had the potential to become a powerful figure.

Thinking like this, Ji Wan'er shifted her focus back to the two shops.

The hot pot restaurant had already added three private rooms, and more and more people were coming. The restaurant had limited space, so they could only add two more tables. Any more than that, and it would feel overcrowded.

Ji Wan'er didn't originally plan to expand the shops further, but considering the time when Xiao Qingming would pass the examination next year (which should be in the spring), there were still seven months remaining. Currently, both of her shops were stable, and there wasn't much for her to do. Lately, she had been restless and couldn't resist opening another shop to distract herself.

Nanny Dong agreed with her daughter opening another shop. She had long wanted to suggest opening a branch store or finding a larger location. After all, her daughter's craftsmanship was excellent, and the shop was running well. Opening another branch would allow them to earn more money.

Next, Ji Wan'er had something to do. She was busy with the new shop every day until late at night, and she no longer constantly thought about Xiao Qingming.

Since they had already opened one restaurant before, setting up this new one was much simpler. They followed the same pattern. By the end of July, Ji Wan'er had opened the new shop.

When a new shop opens, there are naturally some discounts. The previous old shop also had discounts.

Ji Wan'er was running between both shops, incredibly busy. Fortunately, in less than half a month, the daily income reached 500 wen. The old shop used to earn up to two and a half taels of silver, but with the opening of the new shop, many customers near the new shop had gone there, resulting in a slight decrease in income to just over two taels per day.

However, when combined, the overall income was higher than when they had only one shop before.

Ji Wan'er was busy here and had put her heart and soul into the shops.

It was not until one day when Ji Wan'er closed the door of the new shop and went home with Yun Shuang that she realized there was an extra person in the house.