Todd Anderson- too distratced

It was Thursday night, which meant you and Todd got to spend time together. Every week you set aside Thursday nights so you too can see each other. This week you went over to Welton to study with him and the boys. Even though you two were spending your time together with all his friends, you didn't mind.

When you arrived to school, Todd was waiting for you. He was staring off into the lake, but as soon as you approached he opened his arms wide for you. You happily fell into him, letting him wrap his arms around you and place a kiss to the top of your head.

You grabbed his hand and walked into the school together, heading right up the common room where everyone was waiting for you. You get along with the boys well, and it shows in their greetings. They all lightly cheered as you and Todd walked into the room, their own little way of saying they missed having you around.

Todd walked you over to the window and you both sat down. You pulled out your homework and began to work on it. After a while you noticed Gods still hadn't opened any of his books. You looked up at him to find him staring out the window with a blank expression. You noticed he was scratching the back of his hand absentmindedly, a bad sign for him. You placed your hand over him, brining him back to reality. "Sorry," he mumbled before opening his English book.

A while later Todd began to get restless. He continued to scratch his hands and kept looking out towards the lake. You decided enough was enough. Without making too much commotion, you grabbed hold of his hand and dragged him out into the hall. "Todd what's going on, you aren't in the moment." He finally looked right at you, although for a second it seemed he was looking right through you instead.

That's when you took in his state. Exhaustion written on his face, dark circles forming below his eyes. His hands red and irritated. His foot tapping the ground beneath his shoe. Something was wrong.

"Oh Todd..."

He heaved a big sigh before slumping against the wall and sinking to the floor. He put his head back to stare at the ceiling, trying to avoid this conversation. Instead of saying anything, you placed yourself on the floor across from him, leaving on the opposite wall. You wanted him to walk when he was ready.

A couple of minutes passed before he finally mumbled "my brothers in town, and were all supposed to have dinner together Saturday night." He continued to look up at the ceiling, not wanting to see the reaction on your face. You knew he felt held to such a high standard in general, but it only got worse when his brother is around.

You sighed and moved to sit next to him. He slumped against you, resting his head against your shoulder. You reached up to run your fingers through his hair. "Are you going?" you asked already knowing the answer. "I don't have an option."

"Well then what should we do about it?" "What do you mean we?" he sat up and looked you. You let a soft smile play across your lips. "As in us. What can we do to make this situation better?" He buried his face into your neck mumbling a soft "I don't know."

"Ok how about...I could go with you? Or we could meet up after?" Todd didn't move, instead he placed a soft kiss to your neck and placed his hand on the other side. You let out a soft chuckle. "Todd this isn't a solution." "No but it's a distraction" he mumbled into your neck. You laughed again and let him savor the moment before you pushed him upright to look at you.

He look at the wall across from him, you couldn't tell if he was deep in though or just zoned out. You decided to let him sit there and figure it out.

"Well I would love if you came with me of course...but I'm not sure my parents would approve of this being the first time you meet them. And Jeffery would just make fun of me worse than normal." "Ok, I won't go with you. What about the other option? Any thoughts on that?" He look back at the wall for another minute. "I mean you don't live that far away, I think I could say I'm walking back to school and just go to your place. I mean I don't have class the next day cause it's Sunday. And I mean I don't have to stay the night, you'd have to want me too of course and we should probably ask your parents if it would be ok."

"I think that could work. I'll talk to my parents tonight when I get home to see if that would be ok with them." "Wait that's ok with you? I mean you'd be ok with me spending the night?" He look at you genially confused, but you could see the hope behind his tired eyes. You smiled, "of course it's ok with me." Todd returned the smile before leaning in for a soft kiss.

TIME SKIP TO SATURDAY

It was starting to get late but you knew that the knock on the door was Todd. Your father opened the door and clapped a hand onto his shoulder. Your parents liked Todd, thought he's good for you. When your father finally finished up his little welcome speech, you led Todd up to your room. You noticed he brought a small bag with him, inside a set of pajamas and clothes for the morning. You hadn't yet told him whether or not your parents decided if he could stay because they wanted to wait until the last minute to decide.

You two cuddled up on the bed and started talking about how dinner had went with his family and how he was feeling. After a while you noticed him getting drowsy. "Todd?" you whispered "hmm?" "My parents said you could stay the night, as long as you promise to sleep on the floor." Without much though Todd went to get up, you grabbed his shoulder, "what are you doing?" "Sleeping on the floor" he stated simply, reaching for his bag to change. You rolled your eyes, "just because you have to promise them doesn't mean you have to do it."

He gave you a confused look as he started to change. "What do you mean?" "I'm not letting you sleep on the floor, you're sleeping in my bed with me." He looked at you as he pulled on his shirt, "but-" "No buts Todd." You hot up to change into your pajamas as well before crawling back into bed and patting the open space next yo you. He smiled sheepishly and and crawled into bed next to you, letting you wrap your arms around him and hold you close. He knew it's what he needed after tonight, and he was happy to accept it from you and only you.