3

Sorry for disappearing. Eid and writers block do not make a great combo

"Watch out!" Grace filtered her way through the crowd of the Silverstone circuit.
Her seat was at the beginning of the track , just before the checkered line. It was the perfect. Her fingers were already greasy from the large bag of butter popcorn she had bought for herself to indulge in.

Heeps of families and friend groups sat next to her , she was the only one who had come alone. Although her dad had insisted to join her, she had refused. Mainly because she knew both of her parents were cricket fanatics and knew little to nothing about Formula 1. They would probably be confused the entire race and ask her questions.

Also she felt the need to be alone. Eversince she had gotten diagnosed, she had been around family. That had restricted her emotions and reaction to the news , made her not react to it. She hadn't even shed a single tear since it all and according to the plethora of books and movies she had watched, that was not the appropriate way to react.

It felt good when the dirty air of the car engines collided with her skin. The rusty smell of engine oil filled contributed to the aroma. Her eyes were focused on the front line- Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen.
P1 and P2, just like every other race that had occurred this year.

The lights went out and immediately cars were speeding past her. She struggled to keep her eyes open against all the wind being thrown in her direction yet a smile was casted onto her face.

Just 10 laps in and there were already two safety cars- caused by the Alphatauris each time.
Car number 44 took the chance and pitted under the second safety car. The fans of the home town hero felt a little tense at the loss time he would have to face.

Grace felt an overwhelming rush of adrenaline making the watch on her wrist beep loudly. She remained adamant, keeping herself on her feet watching with dedication as Lewis had a slow stop- the crowd booed.
Grace's eyes felt like closing, she felt the blood drain from her face. She knew she was about to faint yet kept her eyes open until she couldn't. The last thing she remembered before everything went black was the redbull car colliding against the stands where she sat.

"For fucks sake guys!" Lewis screams over the radio , slamming his hands on the steering wheel before speeding out of the pit lane. Max's car just a turn away from the pit exit where Lewis was racing out of.

Max pressed his foot on the accelerator, dedicated to making it infront of lewis. Until he felt a rush of wind - and there she was again. Her hair swaying as she stood in the middle of the track.
"She's not real." He kept repeating to himself , resisting the urge to slow down.
His diverted focus caused him to lose toggle on his rival who just so happened to be infront of him.

The front of their cars collided harshly. More for Max as the redbull spun into the wall while the Mercedes went on. The crowd cheered as the redbull driver got out of his car.

Max felt a sharp pain go up his back. He got out of the car, shaking his head. His blood was boiling as he found his way to the medical personnel. He sat on the back of their bike , making his way to the medical Center.

Grace's eyes flew open. She held her face in her hands before sitting and looking up. She had only seen this place on TV, the medical Center. She thought it was only for the drivers themselves but apparently not.

"What are you here for?" She jumped,
looking back at the person.
Her eyes widened- and so did his.
"I fainted." She tells the Redbull driver who looks like he had seen a ghost.
He doesn't answer instead moves from his seat over to where she lay. The whites of the bedsheet of the stretcher crumpled as she drew them in tightly with her fists.