8. real life and instagram!

AS FAYE enters the gym, she's greeted by the crisp, clean scent of the freshly polished hardwood floors. the sound of basketballs bouncing fills the air, creating a rhythmic beat. the walls are adorned with banners showcasing the team's past victories, adding a touch of inspiration to the space. the bright lights illuminate the court, casting a vibrant glow on the players as they hustle through their drills.

faye walks towards the locker room, she notices the familiar scent of sweat and the sound of her teammates' voices echoing through the hallway. inside the locker room, rows of lockers with personalized nameplates line the walls. faye finds her own locker and begins the process of changing into her practice clothes.

paige, with a mischievous grin on her face, playfully approaches faye and greets her with a "what's up, freshie?" as she throws an arm around faye's shoulder.

"that's all i am to you now?" her words are laced with a flirtatious tone, as she turns to paige, a playful glimmer in her eyes.

"well do you want to be more?" paige says as she raises an eyebrow. before faye could respond, other teammates rushed into the locker room to change. glancing over at them, paige takes her hand off faye's shoulder, and with a final look, walks away.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

after practice, faye decides to grab some food, because cece would kill her if she found out she didn't eat all day. sometimes, faye just forgets to eat, which freaks her best friend because "who can forget to eat!?".

as she makes her way out of the gymnasium, she's shocked to see that it's raining. hard. the storm is intense, with rain pouring heavily and the sound of thunder rumbling in the distance.

of course, she decided to park all the way across the parking lot from the main entrance. she puts all of her valuable items under her shirt and begins sprinting towards her car. as she runs, she's ankle deep in rain water, and it begins soaking into her shoes. 'great', she thought, 'wet socks'.

by the time she gets to the jeep, she doubts that her shirt shield has done much in helping keep her keys and phone dry.

faye, soaking wet from the heavy rain, quickly gets into her car. she shivers as the cold water seeps into the seat, making her feel even colder. she hurriedly starts the engine and turns on the heat to warm up.

as faye turns on her engine and the headlights, she sees a figure in the distance, running towards her car. as they get closer, she realizes it's paige, who comes up to the side and opens the door.

"can i get in?" paige asks, shivering in the cold rain, holding onto her wet jacket. faye nods, and the tall blonde jumps in the seat, shutting the door behind her.

"where's your car?" faye asks, looking over at the shivering girl. paige looks like a wet mess, with rain-soaked hair and clothes.

"parked in the biology buildings lot. i walked here after my class." faye laughs and shakes her head, calling paige stupid.

faye takes the jeep out of park, pulling it forward and out of the lot. her plan was to drive to the biology parking lot, but she realized that wouldn't be possible, considering that it was raining so hard she couldn't see anything in front of her.

so, when she pulled out of the gymnasium lot, instead of turning her car, she just drove forward, straight into another lot. she drove to the back corner, and parked in the last spot, under a tree, which blocked some of the rain from hitting the windshield.

despite that, you couldn't see in or out of any of the windows, it was like the rain was throwing a blanket of water over the car.

after a few minutes of sitting in freezing silence, faye's head perks up, and she turns to the back seat, grabbing a plastic trash bag full of what looks to be clothes.

"i've been forgetting to bring these into the dorm. thank god." she says as she looks through the bag. she pulls out a hoodie, and then throws the bag to paige.

"find something that fits you." as paige looks through the bag, faye begins to strip off her shirt. faye does notice the double take glance paige did, she just doesn't mention it. one in her bra, she throws the wet shirt in the backseat, and puts the dry hoodie on.

"much better." she sighs, before trying to connect her phone to the bluetooth, but the storm blocks the connection.

paige throws on an sweater that was in the bag, it was a big smaller on her, but in a comfortable way. once the two girls are in dry shirts, they finally stop trembling as much.

"i'm guessing your not used to the connecticut rain, little miss shivers?" paige teases. faye looks over at her with an annoyed glare, even though she was laughing at paige's joke.

"shut up, you were cold too! and for your information, it rains in florida all the time." faye holds her hand up as paige bursts into laughter.

"you know what, just for that i'm not talking to you." faye says, crossing her arms and looking away from paige.

"you have to talk to me we're stuck in a car together." paige stops laughing, but she still giggles, which only angers faye more.

"it's a good thing i have a phone, otherwise i'd have to talk to people that i don't want to talk to right now." faye grabs her phone, before turning it on, she pretends she's doing something, but both her and paige know she can't do anything with the internet.
after a couple seconds of silence, paige begins to get desperate.

"fayeeeee, talk to meeee. i'm sorry i made fun of you." she says, grabbing the girls arm and shaking it. faye ignores her, looking at her nails, her phone case, and everything but paige.

"faye, baby please-" paige cuts herself off, her jaw dropping slightly. faye, her eyes wide, shoots her head over to the girl.

"what did you just call me?" she asks, and paige begins stuttering and tripping over her words. a small smile creeps up onto faye's face as she watches paige turn red as a tomato.

"stop stuttering, i liked it."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆
INSTAGRAM

faye.dessa added to their story!

liked by paigebueckers, azzi35, and 29,293 others

faye.dessa college isn't that bad
view 2,949 comments

cece.lin
miss you mostest
faye.dessa @cece.lin miss you more ☹️

paigebueckers
we should get stuck in the rain together more often
faye.dessa @paigebueckers shush no one needs to know abt that

azzi35
omg me
faye.dessa @azzi35 omg you

view other comments

//
hey guysss i'm back, did you miss me? cause i missed you

not proofread