Saved (Final)

After Luigi saw Mario's cut, he told himself that he wasn't gonna watch him die, so he gets the wound treated.

At the Mushroom Kingdom hospital, Luigi waits for the results to come back, and starts thinking, "If I would've never walked through that door, none of this would've happened." Polterpup wasn't there, not because pets weren't allowed there (they were), but because he didn't want to be there.

A few hours later, Toad, who apparently works there, shows up, and Luigi asks for the results, hoping that his brother is ok and not on the verge of dying.

Toad came straight out with it and said Mario's back to his normal self. The doors open and Luigi sees that Mario is ok.

With tears to joy in his eyes, he ran over to Mario and hugged him. Mario could tell that Luigi didn't want him to die, as he was the only rock Luigi had after separating from their parents a few months ago.

After arriving home, the Mario Bros were back to their normal ways, and Mario says that if Luigi hadn't shown up, he would've just died where he was and left Luigi upset and hurt over it. Luigi hugged him once more, and they just did what they do best...showed each other the affection they wanted and needed.

Polterpup showed up, too, and Luigi whispered to him, "Thanks...for everything."

And that was the Saturday morning the Mario Bros won't forget.

                    THE END