Chapter 2

We walked out in embarrassment since all eyes in the café were on us and we didn't want to stay there after such a scene.

Just when I was about to turn and regret, he grabbed one of my shoulders making me turn around

"May I please have your number incase...?

"Sure, why not" she cut him short

They exchanged numbers and unwillingly left off to their respective jobs. On her way Jenna thought about how she gathered her courage to get his number and if they would ever meet again. Deep down she prayed for his mother to come back ASAP, frequently switching on her phone to check if he ever called.

She then lost hope thinking about how most of the men she had met never bothered to ever communicate with her. But a side of the heart told her that he was different.

She took a bus back to her job and followed the same old and boring routine. Printing a pile of papers and distributing them (though that wasn't her job, but she still did it), organizing vouchers and recording them...

As she sat down on her spinning chair and rocking like a little girl, the manager walked in and announced that the Director of the company Lee Allen was on his way.

There was a sudden panic in the office since he never showed up ever since Jenna joined 3 years ago. She should be panicking like others but instead her heart showed her a bizarre feeling of easiness.

Everyone tried their own best to look good, some put on lipstick, the others put on some extra make up and men tidied up their desk and buttoned their collars, straightening their ties. She then saw Miss Clinton(her senior who bullied the greenhorns of the company. Jenna had been her victim several times) who acted really strange and ran to the bathroom and changed her office 'skirt look' to some sexy dress, her hair curled and changed into red heels.

Jenna whispered to herself as Miss Clinton walked towards her desk "weird"

For Jenna she felt no need for attention, for her heart gave her a bizarre easiness. But just for formality, she tied up her hair neat, and cleared her desk from the junk she had just eaten then sprayed some fresh smelling perfume to erase the smell of food.

Soon, the Director was just outside the office building. Guards opened the door for him as a sign of respect they had been taught... He walked through the entrance as the building guards bowed to him. Ignoring, he walked towards the elevator with head straight while adjusting the buttons of his blazer. He looked cold with a muscular body, The kind of CEO you see in Anime, waiting patiently inside to have a glance at Jenna, who also impatiently waited for a call or message from her.

The manager had already set up the files to be submitted and handed them to the boss as soon as he came in. He held the files and rectified every wrong detail in his mind. He then passed on the file to the manger indignantly,

"How could you make such mistakes as a manger? I want you in my office in five minutes!" He shouted!

Allen then walked inside the office where Jenna and the other staff members were waiting eagerly, especially to know what he looked like.

Jenna's eyes widened when she saw him and let out a sudden cough as she choked on her saliva. He turned his head towards her (his heartbeat risen), Jenna felt a sudden heart beat rise but he stared for a while, then looked at that weird woman who had changed into a sexy dress as she smiled/smirked at him. He went towards her with a smile on his face and talked with a passive aggressive tone

"What is the dress code of this company?"

"skirt below knees, or trousers and a blouse with flats, sneakers or closed toe heels"

"And...what is your dressing right now?"

she was panic-stricken when realization hit "A b...b..body shaped mini dress with r... red high heels"

The smile and confidence on her body that boasted after she came out with a new dress, had now disappeared and she dropped her head.

"I am sending you letter of dismissal, pack up your stuff and leave!"

"Please sire, give me a chance, I won't ever make such a mistake again"

"A mistake is made when you are misguided, and the 'so called mistake' that you've made can only happen to a greenhorn, not to a person who has worked in this company for more than five years miss Clinton, am I right?"

"Absolutely sir"

Allen stared back at Jenna whose eyes widened again intensely staring at the scene. Then when their eyes met, her cheeks turned red as her mind started to suddenly reckon the kind of 'Boss employee' books she read.

"Jenna, I want you in my office in five minutes"

She never gave time to thoughts about how he knew her name but instead practiced on how to hide her red cheeks. In the act of heel-and-toe racing she reached his office and gave a knock to the finely polished grey wood door.

"come in!" He called out

As she opened the door the manger rushed out with red face, the kinda face that is left over after crying or balancing tears. She quietly walked in with her face portraying fear when inside all she could feel was butterflies and happiness of seeing him again.

She closed the door behind her and walked towards his desk. The office was greyish black with shelves full of business books. His office was organized ditto same as the office of the CEO in anime.

"don't be scared I won't sack someone just over ignoring uniform code. I knew her doings. How she bullied the greenhorns and let ego take over her, trying to be the second manager of the department"

"Ohh" she let out a word

She suddenly couldn't feel the courage to even talk to him as she felt when she saw him the first time. That energetic girl had now disappeared. Maybe because she thought that he is her boss now and should show respect to him.

"Now, I called you in because I want to talk to you about something really important"

.

.

.

.

. '''''''THE SENTENCES IN ITALICS TELL THE POV OF THE AUTHOR'''''''

.

.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE IMPORTANT TALK IS ABOUT? IS IT ABOUT THE ACT THAT TRAPPED HIM IN BACK AT THE CAFE A FEW HOURS AGO?

I KNOW THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING YOU, SO KEEP UP TO MY STORY TO KNOW WHAT NEXT!

PLEASE GUYS SUPPORT MY WORK. JUST AS A "TMI" ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES