Those Eyes

Maryn's Pov:

Kyle came to tease me with Zade's name but I backfired and teased him instead. He sounded sooo overconfident but why wouldn't he be? He is "THE KYLE TURNER", captain of the soccer team, muscular, sharp-minded, and dangerously handsome with over a hundred girls swooning over him. Oh Shit!!! What am I thinking about him??!! No, I mean he is not attractive in my opinion, it is what other girls say. 

So, I was excited about the library period as I had to start a new novel today. Kyle said to our group, "Hey listen, let's bunk this period and go to the gardens." His eyes darted toward me with some hope in them. I said, "Okay. Fine" as I didn't find in me to deny those hopeful eyes. Everyone's eyes widened in shock. Kacy asked out of concern, "Are you okay girl? Out of all of us, YOU?! The crazy book lover and the topper will bunk this period?" I rolled my eyes and said, "Let's go before I change my mind." 

And they all quickly started moving out of the classroom which made me laugh. We reached out into the garden and finally realized that Raya and Luca were not with us. Alex laughed and said, "Something bad and dirty is going on in our group right under our nose guys." We all laughed and smirked at the idea of two of them together. But I was a little concerned for Raya as Luca was the biggest playboy in our school. And Raya won't be able to handle the pain of heartache but she will break his bones for breaking her heart, that's for sure. 

The sun was bright above us and the cool air made the whole environment just perfect for laying down in the grass. But, for the sake of our uniforms, we sat on benches in the cool shadows of the tree where teachers would not be able to see us and we would be safe. The silence between us was somehow comfortable.

I was randomly looking here and there when suddenly, my eyes locked with Zade. In the sunlight, his black hair became shiny, and his eyes, a light shade of green. He was sitting in the far corner with a book in his hands. If he wanted to read the book, couldn't he have read in the library? I thought to myself. As if he read my mind, he smiled while shaking his head. There was something about him that bothered me. 

I broke eye contact with Zade as  Kyle's face came close to my ear such that I was able to feel his warm and sweet breath against my bare neck which was enough to make shivers go down my spine. I tried to ignore them as he whispered in a serious but low tone so that only I was able to hear, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be flirting, he isn't serious', I reassured myself to calm down the butterflies.  

I said in a teasing tone, "Why? Jealous, Babe?" He laughed bitterly, his face still near my neck, he said, "Why would I be jealous of someone like him?!!" I deliberately turned my face to show my narrowed eyes to him, but as our eyes locked, I was so lost in those beautiful eyes of his that I became unaware of my surroundings. It was just us in that moment.

Alex being Alex interrupted our moment, causing us to look at him, with his deep but excited voice, "Hey everyone, listen up ... since this is the last year of our high school, and we have a new student with us. Let's have a whole batch party this Friday at 8. What say?" We all nodded in excitement. After all, in vacations before our new class, we just lazily slept through all day, chatting and video-calling online only. Yeah, we met sometimes but it was casually. 

I gave the idea, "Kyle and Alex, post a story on your Instagram accounts about this party. Tell Luca to do the same when he comes." They both grinned because they knew themselves, how famous and demanded they were. Kyle suggested, "I will ask my dad's manager to book the venue."

Kyle is fucking rich as his dad almost owns the top three biggest companies here. "Perfect but no dress codes like before. I don't wanna do all that heavy makeup and fanciest dresses thing.", Kacy simply said. I agreed because we 3 are the girls who are not interested in girly things. 

After some time, we saw both Luca and Raya coming together toward us. "Where were you?" I asked while crossing my arms in a mom attitude way. Raya just shrugged and Luca said with a wink, "Having fun." We all laughed and didn't push the topic any further as they deserve the privacy of their moment. They both heard the plan and agreed. Bell rang and we descended to our class. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Hey Smartiesssssssssss,

Good to Know you read till here. Your likes and comments motivate me to write more chapters. 

Love ya all.