21

Zara.

I found Jenna buried in a pile of papers and immediately regretted offering to help her out instead.

"Zara? Oh thank goodness. I need your help. Adrian abandoned me." She whined and I sighed and closed the door behind me then walked further into the office.

"How the hell did you mess up all these papers?" I asked. She smiled. "I wanted to contribute to the mafia in any way possible so I told Adrian I'll handle the documents and paper work. That's like a third of it here." She explained and I looked at her.

Paperwork regarding the mafia? I may have just hit a jackpot.

"Sure. Cool. Let's get started then. What do I do?" I asked. "You just read through and pair them with their matching information. I can trust you to keep everything confidential or Adrian will kill us both." She joked and I laughed lightly.

I picked up a paper and smirked. This just had to be too good to be true.

Ria Maisie Harrell. Information.

It just had to be her. As I read through her file I was a bit surprised. She's a spoiled bitch I'll give her that. She did graduate from a prestigious University with Honors and worked for her father's company before joining the mafia.

Finding her boring, I tossed the paper aside and picked up another one.
Each paper I read just seemed extremely boring so I didn't look much into them again. I thought I'd find valuable information.

"Are you hungry? Cause I am." I finally said and Jenna chuckled. "Got you covered. Maddox is bringing us some pizza and drinks." She said and I sighed in relief.

"Hey Zara? Can I ask you a question?" I looked at her. "You just did but sure." I answered and she grinned widely. I frowned. The fuck is she smiling so widely for?

"Are you and Adrian like a thing? Trust me I swear I won't tell anyone." She said and my eyes widen.

"Jenna!"

She burst out into laughter and I glared at her. She's so lucky I consider her a friend if not I would've shot her straight in the chest.

"I knew it. You both like each other. Beneath all the bickering, glaring and fighting tension there's actually love." She said with a huge smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Sweetheart. Fine. I'll admit your brother is too good looking to ignore at times but that doesn't mean I have any feelings towards him." The lie came easily. 

"You're a great liar but I can tell because I'm also good at it." She said flatly. I rolled my eyes again.

"It's just us girls..."

"With at least four cameras watching but you can tell me." She said and I glared hard at her.

"I think you can finish up on your own." I said standing. She gasped and grabbed my feet. "No!! You can't leave me! There's still a lot to be done. I promise to shut up!" She yelled and I looked down at her.

"Good girl." I said then sat back down.

"So have you guys kissed?!" I sighed in exasperation. She giggled before focusing back on the papers.

"I see why Adrian left you all by your self." I grumbled as I sorted the papers on my lap. The food and drinks came so we worked progressively after eating.

"I'm done. I can't do this anymore. If I stare at another paper I'll loose it." I snapped standing up. Jenna chuckled lightly and stood up as well.

"Thanks for helping out today. I'll get the rest done later. I'm also tired of staring at papers all day." She said and I nodded. I left the room and strolled the hallways when someone grabbed me forcefully into a dark room.

On instinct I pushed my elbow backwards and hit his stomach and hunched over before throwing him on his back.

"Who the fuck are you?" I demanded as he wheezed in pain.
"What the fuck Zara?!" Jace whined as I blinked. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

He couldn't have just stopped me like a normal being huh?

I went to turn on the lights and then helped him up. "I'm sorry. You deserve it though. Why'd you sneak up on me like that?" I asked and he groaned in pain.

"I wanted to surprise you but seems like I got my own package." He muttered and I smirked.

"When did you get back?" I asked. "Few minutes ago. I had just came up and saw you." He explained. "Where's your boss?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Probably in his office or room. I'd thread carefully. He was in a mood on our way back." He said and I scoffed. "Screw him. I'm going to get a drink. I've been sober for way too long." I said and his eyes lit up.

"Can I join? I've been so busy I need a break too." He pleaded in the cutest way possible. I couldn't even dare say no.

"Sure. Come on." Taking his hand I dragged him along in the direction of the wine cellar. Don't even question how I know where it is. I just do.

A/N
Thoughts? Please leave feedback and share also vote! I'd be so happy if my book went viral🥺

Love y'all.
Sophie❤️