End of Round 1

A few moments earlier, as Death Calling was about to reach Will, Hope's eyes shone as she saw Will flick an ice needle with incredible speed and precision. It didn't take long for her to come to a simple conclusion.

'Such a fast ice needle without incantation. I would need to be above level 100 to do that.'

Michael and his party were all at level 99. This was the maximum level for those headed to Fafnir's grave. Even deity's energy levels and abilities would be sealed to a similar level of strength. In other words, they could be killed by users. Of course only high class users would even dream of attempting such a thing as it was not something just anyone could do

'Death Calling has infused Truth into his daggers to fight, hence Peerless knows to attack first to create distance.'

Then to her shock, as soon as the needle was launched, a sheet of water appeared under Will as he slid on it despite keeping his body stationary. As he slid in a curved trajectory to get behind Dream Calling, he raised his hands and created multiple water balls and water blades. He waited for his opponent to face him and unleashed them once there was sufficient distance.

'He must have incredible mental processing abilities. He must be the intellectual type. The type who plans carefully between each battle and fight from range without taking risks.'

Little did she know how wrong she was. Will was not much of a meticulous planner, especially now that he was no longer empowered by Dual Mind Propagation.He could still split his mind into two for Dual Mind and multitask, which was what he was using right now to battle. This allowed him to act quickly without falling back. This was true parallel processing.

Death Calling, in response, teleported out of the way, disappearing in a black puff of smoke like he was an otherworldly spectre.

Every time when it seemed as if one of Will's attacks would land on him, he would surprise him by doing a short distance teleportation. Ranging from a few meters to even a few centimeters.

'This is the Eternal Night Empire's favourite movement skill, Shadow Burst.' Sonny was familiar with this skill as he had once almost lost his life to an enemy who was using the skill. Its effects were strengthened by the Eternal Night. But this strengthening came at the cost of draining one of qi quickly.

'There is no doubt about it, he is probably now on a timer.' mused Michael as he watched.

'He will try to finish the battle within the next 30 seconds. In other words, the end of the battle is already close. What skill will he use?'

...

Death Calling gathered all the qi and Truth he could into his dagger. He wanted to launch a medium range True Strike imbued with his darkness attribute. This was currently the strongest offensive skill he could muster but it would leave him drained.

'I don't have a choice. This guy is making me nervous. I hope you don't die from this.'

Death Calling earnestly respected Will's battle sense from the bottom of his heart. Will had not used any powerful spells or the like. He had just used basic skills. This was enough for Death Calling to not want to kill him.

'With sharp senses like this, he would probably make a superb party member, I hope you survive this.'

Will continued his seemingly futile bombardment of skills until death calling screamed.

"Using so many low ranking spells in such a short space of time must be draining and mentally tiresome.'

Will's ability to lock onto his opponent had been superb. He seemed to be able to guess where his opponent would appear next and send the next attacks there, but Death Calling was always a step too fast. As the seconds passed both Will's attacks and Death calling's movements hastened as they matched each other skill for skill, spell for spell. It was an incredible show of precision skill for the audience who had become eerily silent.

They could not help but pull their attention to the battle below. It was just too superb. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Just before Death Calling could activate his darkness imbued True Strike with his dagger, Will sent an odd volley of horizontal water blades aimed at the assassin's lower body. They covered the entire ground and made it impossible to make any lateral movements, hence the Assassin had no choice but to jump up.

"Ha!"

Dream Calling teleported forward fifty meters in one burst, appearing in the air in front of Will. He slashed his dagger intending to end this, but before he could, he felt an incredibly sharp pain on his forehead.

'Eh?'

With his mental state under confusion, the harmony between his technique, intent and energy was disrupted. Due to the fact that his body was in mid motion, he could not resist inertia and went forward.

That was when Will took action. His right had made a pushing motion as a large ice blue spell matrix appeared in front of Will, directly facing the Assassin a few meters away. There was no need for chanting as a large scaly fish made of ice smashed into the young Assassin. The fish was as large as a car and it extended all the way to the other end of the arena, smashing Death calling into the wall. The long arm had stretched to almost a kilometre and receded back into the matrix after Will was done.

Cracks had forced on the arena wall as Death Calling's bloody body fell lifelessly to the ground. Few could tell whether or not he was alive but one thing was clear. Hercules' booing voice resounded throughout the coliseum.

"And the winner is, Peerless Dao Master."