|| 42. Last Day (FINAL CHAPTER) (UN-EDITED)

"You've managed to split your shoulder open again!" Aurora exclaimed, the group gathered around the Ravenclaw table

"You've managed to split your shoulder open again!" Aurora exclaimed, the group gathered around the Ravenclaw table. Y/N simply hummed and glanced to the side, a nonchalant expression on her face.

"I wonder how Madam Pomfrey reacted this time," Sophie chimed in, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Oh, you know, just the usual scolding and fussing," Y/N replied with a touch of sarcasm, earning chuckles from the group.

"Well, at least you've added another interesting tale to your collection," Seraphina remarked playfully.

"Oh, yes, just what I needed," Y/N retorted, her sarcasm not lost on her friends, who burst into laughter.

As the chatter continued, the sound of Professor McGonagall's glass being tapped silenced the room. Dumbledore's voice echoed through the hall as he spoke about the end of the school year and the awarding of the house cup.

"In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points," Dumbledore announced, followed by applause and some disappointed expressions. Draco smirked proudly at Gryffindor's loss.

"Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points," Dumbledore continued, garnering applause again, though the Gryffindors seemed a bit less enthused.

"In second place," Dumbledore declared, "Ravenclaw with 426 points." More applause rang out, and the Slytherins exchanged triumphant glances.

"And in first place, with 472 points; Slytherin house!" Dumbledore's announcement was met with cheers and applause from the Slytherin table, while the other houses responded with varying levels of disappointment.

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin," Dumbledore interjected, his tone carrying a touch of amusement. "However!" he exclaimed, his voice growing more serious. "Recent events must be taken into account," he declared. "And I have a few last-minute points to award."

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril..." he continued, his eyes twinkling. "Fifty points," he concluded, causing a mixture of reactions from the students, including some groans from the Slytherin table.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess." Dumbledore's words drew a smattering of applause. "Fifty points," he added, and Y/N joined in the applause, giving Ron an encouraging nod.

"And third... to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage," Dumbledore's voice grew more solemn. "I award Gryffindor house sixty points."

"Furthermore," Dumbledore continued, his eyes twinkling mischievously, "to Miss Crimson, for outstanding bravery and wit—abilities that Hogwarts hasn't seen in a century." His words elicited intrigued murmurs and curious glances from the students. 

"Sixty points," he added, emphasizing Y/N's unique contributions.

"And finally," Dumbledore's gaze shifted, landing on Neville Longbottom, "it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends." A heartfelt nod was given to Neville. "I award ten points to Neville Longbottom."

As the points were awarded, the atmosphere in the Great Hall shifted, the tide turning in Gryffindor's favor. Dumbledore's next words resounded with a cheerful tone, "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order!"

With a flick of his wand and a clap of his hands, the Slytherin banners transformed into a sea of red and gold. "Gryffindor wins the house cup," Dumbledore announced with a sense of finality, causing cheers and applause to erupt from Gryffindor table, marking the triumphant end of another year at Hogwarts.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N stretched her limbs as she made her way down the bustling Hogwarts Express. The familiar faces of her friends, Seraphina, Sophie, and Aurora, were already gathered in one of the compartments. Y/N smiled at them before her attention was caught by Hagrid, who was waving her over.

"Be right back, save me a seat," Y/N told her friends, and they nodded in agreement as she walked over to Hagrid.

"Hagrid?" she questioned, curiosity in her tone. Hagrid's warm smile greeted her as he reached into his pocket.

"Ol' Dumbledore wanted me to give this to you," Hagrid explained, handing her a small red stone. Y/N's eyebrows knitted together as she examined it.

"What's this?" she inquired.

"Dunno, best ask Dumbledore 'bout it," Hagrid replied with a cryptic grin. "So, where's my goodbye hug?" he asked, his eyes twinkling playfully.

"Oh, you big giant," Y/N chuckled, playfully rolling her eyes as she stretched her arms around Hagrid for a hug. His massive arms enveloped her, and she felt a sense of comfort in his embrace. However, her injured shoulder reminded her of its presence, causing her to wince.

"Ow, ow, ow, Hagrid—scar," Y/N winced, her shoulder throbbing from the pressure. Hagrid released her with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry 'bout that, dear. Well, off you go!" Hagrid said, his voice carrying a mix of fondness and encouragement.

"Thank you, Hagrid," Y/N said with a grateful smile, giving him a final nod before making her way back to her friends, the small red stone clutched in her hand, a mystery waiting to be unraveled.

✴✴✴✴✴

As Y/N walked down the train's corridors, she heard her name being called out. Turning around, she saw Harry approaching her.

"Harry?" she murmured, a mix of surprise and curiosity in her voice as he walked up to her.

"Y/N... I never really got the chance to properly thank you for coming to my rescue in the Chamber," Harry admitted, his voice sincere. Y/N offered him a warm smile.

"Well, isn't that what friends do?" she replied with a hint of playfulness, their bond evident in her words.

"And don't worry," Harry continued, "I'll keep your 'Blessing' a secret, unless you want me to talk about it."

Y/N shook her head, her smile widening. "No need to keep it a secret. In fact, I might just brag about it a bit over the summer," she said with a chuckle, the two of them sharing a lighthearted moment.

"Speaking of summer," Harry began hesitantly, "I was wondering... if I ever need a place to stay, could I maybe crash at your place?"

Y/N's response was immediate. "Of course, you're welcome to stay. My mom won't mind," she assured him.

"Thanks, Y/N. Have a good holiday," Harry said with a genuine smile.

"You too, Harry. And enjoy your time with Dudley," Y/N replied, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Oh, I will. Dudley doesn't know that we can't use magic outside of school," Harry said with a smirk, leaving Y/N chuckling.

"Lucky you," she said before they parted ways, both heading off to start their summer adventures.

THE END