20

" oh I ..." Before Axel could utter any other word the sound of keys jingling and followed by the sound of the door opening sounded , must be mom .

" oh hay Axel, nice to see you again honey "  mom exclaimed with a smile on her face , I know when my mother likes one of my friends or whatever and she clearly really likes Axel, only if she knew .

" it's very nice to meet you too ma'am" Axel replied respectfully as he placed down the plat he had in his hand and went to shake her hand , what type of formal shit is that .

" have y'all had dinner yet ? " mom asked placing her huge bag down on the kitchen island.

" mom it's 1 am , who has dinner at one am" Emily replied as she rolled her eyes all while approaching Axel from the back and placing her hand on his back lightly stroking it .

Axel visably tensed up and I too started feeling a tad bit uncomfortable though it felt like I shouldn't feel that way .

" oh am sorry , you know I lose track of time and often don't know what time or day it is " mom tiredly replied as she got her self a glass of water.

" we appreciate all your work ma'am, Zack told me you are a nurse" Axel said . In case you're wondering why I had two jobs and work day and night while my mother is a nurse well let me explain.

We don't live in a large town / area, we don't got much hospital's around and same goes for nurses, you could say my mother does it as some type of charity work , she some times gets paid very little and other times non at all , so that's why am always working, trying to provide for my family.

" oh thanks honey, yeah I am , am sorry kids but am really tired, am going to bed " mom said heading towards her and dad's room .

" mom , can I say hi to dad from outside, I won't enter I swear, I really miss him " Emily said her eyes lighting up in hopes of seeing her father who she missed, I stode there listing attentively waiting for an answer cause I too missed him so much .

" don't you fucking bring seeing your father up again , he is very fucking sick and you are prohibited from seeing him , don't ever think about it ever again, you hear me " mom yelled angrily after tossing the glass she had in her hand on the floor causing it to shatter.

Axel with a surprised expression pulled me slowly behind him In a protective manner, he clearly didn't know what to expect from her at this moment and neither did I , I never seen mom like this , she looks scary , like a mad woman.

She quickly regained her composure and said " a-am sorry honey, am just worried about you , your father is still very sick "

" then why can you enter the room and see him and we can't " I asked my voice low and shaking, I was very close to crying.

I expected her to scream at me or say anything but she just glared at me , turned around and then slowly opened the door to her and dad's room and walked in locking the door behind her .

I never felt so scared of my mother , she looked mad , like she was losing her mind .

I turned to look at Emily who looked as terrified as I am with tears falling down her face but from how shocked she was she wasn't letting out any whimpering or any sound that would indicate that she is crying.

Axel turned to look at me looking very worried.

I said nothing and started walking towards where my mom had previously tossed the glass and started picking up the shards getting cut in the process but I couldn't care less , in fact this is exactly what I needed to calm down.

Axel noticed that and after slowly walking my sister to the nearest chair he walked over to me and forced me to let go of the pieces of shattered glass that I was gripping tightly on , blood dripping from my tight fist .

" Zack , let go and calm down " Axel said calmly

" how can I , I miss my father , I miss him so much , why wouldn't she let us see him , am scared, am scared Axel " I said finally breaking down into tears , my voice sounding Shakey and weak .

" it's going to be okay , let go Zack " Axel demanded as he forcefully tried to release my grip on the glass as more blood dripped down .

" go comfort your sister and I will take care of that " Axel ordered once he finally got me to loosen my grip and bloody shards of glass fell on the floor .

I looked up at him tears still falling down my face .

I soon obliged and stood up ,rinsed my hand under the cold sink water then walked over to Emily and pulled her to my side , Emily was the closest to dad , she was like his twin , same mind set , same everything, they were like best friends, she was the most effected by him disappearing from our life , but sooner or later she accepted it and convinced her self that he is currently sick and will soon be better and come back to us .

Axel started collecting the glass off the floor and then threw it away then quickly snatched a napkin to wipe the blood and water off the floor.

" I'll leave you two now , it's very late already" Axel calmly annonced

I stood up slowly walking towards him .

" don't leave now " I begged once I was Infront of him .

What a day , a lot went down , too much for me and my mental health to handle, but luckily Axel is here , I have a feeling I would be so embarrassed tomorrow when I see him again and when I've calmed down.

" Am going to sleep " Emily announced, we were all now sitting in the back yard , breathing in the night's cold air that managed to make us calm down and feel better.

" okay " I replied

Emily slowly got up and walked inside.

Once she was in and completely out of sight Axel pulled me in, I really needed a hug , I hugged him back and we stayed like that for a few minutes before I was out cold .

So I just realized that there are a few plot gaps here and there and some parts are just falling out and / or unclear, I hope non of that bothered y'all and I'll try to fix any gaps by adding more details in future chapters or maybe go back and fix some stuff , we will see how it works out , hope you're enjoying so far. Have a nice day / night