Chapter 17: Jimin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 1877

POV: Jimin

PARK JIMIN FIRST found out about soul mates from his grandmother.

She had sat him down one afternoon in her garden and had told him that for hundreds of years, the universe had bestowed a glorious gift on humans. Soul mates. Nobody knew how it came about and nobody particularly cared. They were grateful for such a beautiful gift.

Then, his grandmother told the story of how she met her soul mate—his grandfather.

He listened intently, mesmerized by the story she told. His heart bloomed with warmth at how she lovingly recounted their happy romance. It was the first memory he had of soul mates and it was one he treasured dearly.

After hearing that story, Jimin prayed that his own life would be like his grandmother's. He wanted to meet his soul mate and show them all the love in the world. He wanted to worship them—love them with all his heart. He adored the idea of completely giving his body, mind, and soul over to someone.

Night after night for many years in his childhood, he would dream of his soul mate. He didn't know what they looked like, whether they were a man or woman, nor did he care. He would imagine a different face each night and would create wonderful scenes with them.

It had been some years since he thought about that. For so long he had dreamed of this moment. He never expected he'd meet his soul mate in hospital.

He was nervous. There was no denying that. His heart was thundering in his chest and his fingers tingled with anxiety. His brothers had chosen him to go in and find out. He was honored and terrified. He didn't want to go in and discover Madeline was not their soul mate. Jimin didn't know if he could break the sad news to them.

He closed the door softly behind him and examined the room. His body felt lighter and an intoxicating scent swarmed around him.

A white curtain separated him and the woman on the bed. The sun shone through the blinds, brightening the dreary hospital room.

Sucking in a shaky breath, Jimin stepped towards the bed. He hesitated on the other side of the curtain. If this woman was his soul mate, he'd know the moment he saw her. Touching her would solidify the bond. The initials on his arm would turn an ethereal gold color, announcing the bond had been completed.

Bravely, he pulled the curtain behind him and cast his eyes on the woman lying on the bed.

She was beautiful. That was the first thing he thought as he set his eyes on her. Her dark hair was spread like a halo around her head. She had clear, golden skin that glowed from the sun. Her features were sharp yet soft at the same time. His eyes centered on her pink, pillowy lips. Suddenly, he had the urge to kiss her.