20

Sita

I stare as his hair while his head lays on my stomach, but hesitate and pull my hand back some before committing to my next actions.

Mud. Your name feels so good in my mind.

When I touch his hair he nestles his head against my palm. I laughs lightly, but only once in shock that he's so pleased.

"So bright," I mutter.

He looks up at me with his large irises and smiles such a pure smile. He lays his cheek against my skin again.

I stretch one of his curls. When I let it go, it springs right back. I gasp.

"It just bounced right back into place!" I get excited.

He holds me more.

"Yeah, it does that..." he explains calmly in a comfortable almost cozy tone.

My mind wanders off to the egg we both had parts in producing.

Will their hair be like this... tightly coiled and spiced. It would be-

"So beautiful," I regret saying once I say it.

I take a deep breath, then remove my hand from his head. A ball forms in my throat as I start worrying.

"Beautiful like you," he grabs my other hand and brings it to his lips.

Once his lips touch my skin, all of that burdening energy is released from me... it's sadly short lived when I replay certain things he's said to me.

"If I was more human... would you find me just as beautiful?" I ask about my exotic nature.

Mud

I look up at him.

Seriously?

His question shocks me. I fumble and stumble over my words. It make him uncomfortable.

"Sita," I say his name.

I get up and climb on top of him carefully. Nervousness peeks in his eyes from my dominance. I soften my expression so I won't intimidate him as much.

"If I wasn't a human would you have still hated me?" I look down on him.

He's so handsome... regardless.

I run my fingers over his dark brows, then move his hair. After, I press my hand back into his bed.

"I didn't hate you," he seems shyer.

I watch as he figuratively sinks within himself.

"I was a dick head. You called me a twat," I joke, but it makes him feel bad.

"Mud... I felt like you were going to be different. I imagined you'd be different you know?" His words make me frown.

I look down at our bodies then make eye contact with him again.

There are so many differences.

I'm half his tone, full of freckles, with tight nigga hair. His skin is smooth, dark, and shiny. His hair is in waves, but curl slightly at the bottom.

I descend from colonization. He does not not.

"Do you like me... or do you want the man you daydreamed and made guesses about?" I ask.

He doesn't respond. When more time passes I try to get up off him. He stops me by grabbing my face and opening his legs more for me.

He kisses my lips then start pulling my waist closer to his.