𓍊𓋼𓍊 Rounds 𓍊𓋼𓍊

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 Round 1 𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊

In the first round, our judges will take a look at your cover, title, and logline. The judges will fill in the first part of the rubric and read your blurb. They will see if it fits the cover and the title, if it gives enough information to the reader, and hooks them in. Don't worry, everyone will go to the next round.

The judges will fill in the rubrics for your cover, title, logline, and blurb and give a score on how much they wanted to read the first chapter.

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 Round 2 𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊

The second round will be the chance for your first chapter to shine. Is there enough to captivate a reader to continue reading or not? Does the cover, title, logline, and blurb fit the story. After this round, a shortlist will be made for each genre.

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 Round 3 𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊

In round three, the first three chapters of the shortlisters are read, and the genre winners will be chosen.

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 BUT WHAT IS A...? 𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 Logline? 𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊

A logline is a one to two sentences summary of the story. It contains the who, what, when/where, how, and why. It can set the theme and revolve around the inciting incident.

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 Blurb? 𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊

A blurb is a short promo description of a story. They're supposed to encourage your readers to pick up the book. You can often find them on the back of a book or in the description box of a story on Wattpad.

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 Hook? 𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊

The hook of a story is what "hooks" or captivates a reader's attention, so they will keep on reading. 

𓍊𓋼 𓆏 𓋼𓍊 Up Next ⁀➷ Rules